Efficient Ways to Handle Blocked Drains
Every family understands the significance of keeping the kitchen and bathroom sinks clean and tidy. But, there are ranges of things that can cause your drains to get blocked. With kitchen sinks seeing so many pots and pans, glasses scrubbed every day, and each family member using the bathroom sink to shave, wash and brush their teeth, chances are that every now and then you’re going to run into a blocked drain.
A blocked drain can be a big hassle to any home owner. Once there are clogged drains in the premises, there is a tendency to get grubby quickly. The water in the sinks and showers drains bit by bit and in the toilet may come up when flushing causing flood and create unpleasant odour. The foul smell coming from the drains needs specialists to handle it. A skilled plumber come in handy once you have blocked drains. They will diagnose the trouble exactly and mend it suitably.
Signs or Symptoms of Blocked Drain
- Water is filling up in the shower. After you get out of the shower you observe the water starting to retreat.
- The toilet seems to persist to fill up and takes a while for the water levels to draw back to normal.
- Getting some bad smells and odour wafting through the house, kitchen, bathrooms or laundry,
- You flush the toilet; however, the waste does not disappear.
There are various reasons that may cause clogging up. Such as:
- Foreign Items
Natural Drain Cleaners
- For safety and environmental reasons, many people favour to try clearing clogged drains with natural ingredients, prior to resorting to harsher chemicals. Let’s discuss some confirmed methods:
- Pour at least 1 cup of baking soda down the blocked drain in a dry sink, and make sure that the powder makes its way down the drain.
- Subsequently, pour approximately 2 cups of boiling water in and wait for some minutes, add one more cup of baking soda in and instantly follow it with one cup of plain white vinegar.
- Plug the drain. You can notice bubbles and a sizzling noise being emitted from the drain. There is no need to panic – this is good! Once the bubbles disappear, add another 2 cups of boiling water.
This is an effectual way to ensure your sink remains unblocked, which should be repeated once a month.
Chemical Drain Cleaners
Many products are designed exactly for this. These unblocks the pipes when poured directly into the blocked drain.The chemical drain cleaner work to dissolve the grease that causes the blockage. They contain particular ingredients designed to remove the nasty germs that cause the odour from a clogged drain. After the drain cleaner has done its job, any residual water in the sink should drain away smoothly, and the stagnant odour will be gone.
It is essential to employ expert plumber for the drain cleaner’s task. There could be many good plumbers in your locality capable of assisting you suitably without breaking the bank. You may speak to your neighbours and ask them to recommend a reliable service provider. You may even choose to hire a plumber via the internet. You are recommended to check the plumber before you give them a call. Discuss your problem with them and seek for the solution. This will help you to potentially save thousands in future plumbing bills.