Know Everything About Air Conditioning System
The term air conditioning refers to the process of changing the properties of air, that is, temperature and humidity, to more favorable conditions. The aim of this process is to distribute conditioned air to a closed but occupied space like a vehicle or the rooms of a building to improve the comfort level and air quality of the space. There are different brands of air conditioning instruments that are available with different star ratings, and you can purchase these conditioning systems to get the best savings on electricity bills. The cooling of the air with the help of an air conditioning system is mostly achieved with the help of a refrigeration cycle.
The Operating Principles
- The Refrigeration Cycle, a process in which heat or warm air is transported from a cold location to a hot area.
- Evaporating cooling is something that takes place because a room or closed space might use evaporative coolers for bringing about coolness during summers.
- Free Cooling is a process in which pumps are used for circulating coolants, mostly glycol mix or water, from a cold source, to sink heat in a closed space.
Equipment for Controlling Humidity
Humidity leads to perspiration among human beings. However, if the humidity of a space occupied by people is controlled, then perspiration will be less likely to be visible among them. There are two types of equipment that control humidity. While one dehumidified and cools the environment, the other is only used for dehumidifying a given area.
- A refrigerating air conditioning system is equipment that reduces humidity and cools the temperature of the place where it is installed. The air coming from the equipment compresses water vapor in the room, and removes it from the room, so that alongside the air being cooled the humidity in the space is also lowered.
- A dehumidifier is the equipment moving humidity from the space where it is installed. This device makes use of the refrigeration cycle to reduce humidity in a room but differs from a typical air conditioner as in a dehumidifier the condenser as it does not comprise both, the water vapor evaporator and condenser. The electricity power consumed by the equipment remains inside the room in the form of heat. So though the space remains heated but the air is dehumidified.
- Dehumidifiers are mostly used in damp or cold climate to check the growth of mold indoors. Additionally, they are also used for protecting sensitive devices and equipment’s from the effect of excessive humidity in tropical regions.
Types of Air Conditioners
There are many types of air conditioning systems available in the market. The most common ones include:
- The window air conditioners are installed in open windows. These conditioners have a fan that blow over the evaporator so that it removes water vapor from the room. The heat sucked in by the interior of the system is dissipated by the exterior as the system has a second fan that that blows the drawn air over the condenser.
- Split air conditioner is available in two varieties, central system and mini-split. In both forms, the inside heat exchanger is separated by a distant, outside environment, heat exchanger. However, while a mini-split air conditioner supplies cold or chilled air for a single room, a central air conditioner offers large space cooling.
Portable air conditioners are cooling systems that you can easily transport in any room. They are available both with and without electric-resistant heaters. You can choose an air conditioning system based on the space that needs to be cooled, and also the brand and the budget that you choose.