Professional Installation Of High Quality Metal Fencing For Your Home
In today’s times, you can never be too careful about guarding your property against trespassing and robbery and the first line of defence for the average homeowner is metal fencing around the grounds. Not only does it discourage outsiders from being too nosy, but it also gives you and the family the much needed feeling of safety and privacy.
Now, if you set out to do it yourself, quite frankly you’ll never get it done quite properly. Fencing your house requires specialized equipment, trained professionals and most importantly, a budget that works for you. I say this because there are various kinds of high quality metal fencing available for installation, and it all depends on how much you value your property. The average cost of building a fence around an average size area is about $2500. If you’re savvy, you can shave as much as $1000 off it or if you want to go all the way, it’s about $4500 if done by expert professionals and that is what I recommend you do. It will save you a ton of money in the long run in maintenance costs and upkeep.
Metal Fence Installation Factors:
- Parts: the fence contractor is responsible for acquiring the desired parts, and this will be charged later to you. A mark-up fee is usually asked for; however relief comes in the guise of discounts which make the investment worthwhile.
- Permit: please ensure you have a permit from the municipality and these usually come for about $800.
- Grading: take note of the gradient of the landscape around your house because if it is high, installation costs go up.
- Services: it is very important to ensure that your fencing doesn’t get in the way of essential services like water and electricity. This will not only cause problems but you might also be inviting trouble from the civic body.
- Labour: normally professional fence installers charge per foot for materials and the labour and materials are clubbed together.
Height Of The Fence:
Size Of The Property:
It is advisable to hire a land surveyor to estimate the size of your property accurately, and you can get this done for about $650-$700. I stress upon this exercise because it will save you legal trouble if the fencing is done out of bounds. This will have a bad financial rebound effect and you’ll find yourself shuttling between hearings and work. On the other hand, if you under measure your property, you stand to lose, and will have to hire professional help again to rectify the mistakes, which were a result of your own negligence. Nobody to blame but yourself here!
Professional Metal Fencing:
Metal fencing can be of two types, chain link and metal. If going for a basic and affordable fence, then chain link fences are ok, as they require minimal maintenance and have a relatively longer lifespan. However it is needless to say that they will part like butter under the hands of a professional burglar with a pair of wire clippers. The best choice in my experience is a metallic coated Estate fencing which is a kind of steel fencing and has a different design than a typical chain link fence. It is sturdier and less prone to break in’s. The fence cost per linear foot for metal fences is $7per linear foot for the fence and $10 per linear foot for labour. Keep these estimates in mind when calling a professional over to set up your metal fencing.