Think Like an Interior Designer
From hardwood flooring to the perfect coordinating accents, designing a room takes a lot of thought to ensure the end result meets your every expectation. We understand that not everybody is an interior designer, but the secret to a successfully designed room is to try and think like an interior designer. If you’re hoping to design your dream room, consider the following tips:
- It’s important to know how to create balance and harmony in your room. Take into account your lifestyle, and begin to list your specific hobbies, tastes and interests. This can help you decide on a myriad of things pertaining to your room.
- Make your hardest decisions first. When it comes to room design, the hardest decisions are often the most expensive and biggest projects. Flooring is a great starting point, as it is often one of the most expensive additions to any room, and can often be a hard decision. If you hope to achieve a timeless look, you’ll always be safe with hardwood flooring.
- Atmosphere is an important element of any room, and it’s important to decide what type of vibe you want your room to give off. If you’re designing a bedroom, you’re more than likely hoping to achieve a relaxing and comforting atmosphere.
- Experiment with proportions! You might think your room is on the tiny side, but there are a lot of steps you can take to make your room appear bigger than it actually is. Experiment with the proportions in your room and you might just be surprised.
- Accessorize last! Accessories are undeniably the icing on the cake, but they shouldn’t cloud the bigger vision. Start with the biggest part of the room and work your way to the accessories last.
Room design is made easy when you have a plan in place, and are able to get into the mind set of an interior designer. Next time you’re remodeling or building your first home, consider trying the above to help you design and craft the room of your dreams.