Cannabis oil or CBD is just one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. In recent years, there has been a wide variety of CBD products like tinctures and lotions, but the most preferred consumption method is CBD Oil because it does not have the psychoactive side effects that THC has.
If Cannabidiol oil drops are available, you, too, can make some CBD oil from the comfort and convenience of your home; the CBD related authorized website Charasscientific indicates. Just follow this simple set of considerations and steps. Soon, you will be enjoying your favorite CBD infusion.
If you’re planning a large scale ethanol extraction operation, it pays to do your research to mitigate risk. Learn more about designing a large-scale cannabis lab here.
Olive Oil Extraction Method
Extra virgin Olive oil is often used at home for the extraction of CBD Oil. Besides, it is safe and relatively cheaper. This method is also mentioned on greenthevote with a video.
- Find some cannabis; make sure it’s dry by baking them at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 90 – 100 minutes. Grind to a powder-like consistency.
- Mix the ground weed with the oil in a Glass jar to saturation. Add or reduce fat, depending on the desired potency.
- Cover the jar securely. Place a towel on the bottom of a pan, put the pot onto the pan, and fill it with water. Boil it until it reaches a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Leave for 3 hours; check on it from time to time to ensure that the water has not evaporated. After 3hours, switch off the stove, let it sit for another 3 hours. Heat it again after 3 hours and leave it overnight.
- In the morning, strain the mixture using a cloth. Your CBD oil is now ready for use or storage.
The Coffee Machine Method
Materials And Tools
- Cannabis or hemp (shredded and dried)
- Glass bowl
- Alcohol (over 60% proof)
- Coffee machine
- Coffee filters
- Put the marijuana in the glass bowl and cover it with cold alcohol.
- Stir with a plastic spoon for 3 minutes, sieve mixture into another bowl.
- Let it sit about 10 minutes, filter using a coffee filter.
- Put the mixture into a coffee machine and distill it until 80% of the liquid evaporates.
- Put the remaining liquid back in the coffee machine and let it boil for 24 hours until all the alcohol evaporates.
- After, dip into the oil and try lighting it. If there’s a spark, it means there is still alcohol in the oil. Therefore, please put it back into the coffee machine for a few more hours.
- Your oil is ready when you don’t witness sparks while trying to light it.
- Draw it out of the container using a syringe and store it in the fridge.
The Rice Cooker Method
The materials and tools used in the Coffee machine remain the same; the only thing you need to do is substitute a coffee maker with a rice cooker.
The Folk Method (Dry Cannabis)
Image Credit: Synthetic Urine Review
- Sort out any unwanted debris from the cannabis, then Grind using a mortar and pestle
- Put the ground up marijuana into a sealable jar add alcohol until it covers a quarter of the pot.
- Tightly cover the jar, let it sit, and check after 12 hours if there is less alcohol than Cannabis. Add more alcohol till it covers a quarter of the pot.
- Let it cure for 14 days, shake once or twice every day.
- After 14 days, decant the mixture or let sit for another 2 to 4 weeks.
- To decant, sieve out the cannabis and extract as much liquid as possible from the herb. Let it settle, then pour into another jar.
- Let it settle if you still feel that there is still too much debris or impurities. Filter further using a coffee; otherwise, your extract is ready.
The Folk Method (Fresh Cannabis)
- Clean, sort, and chop your cannabis into tiny pieces to get the best from this process.
- Into a jar, stuff as much chopped cannabis as possible.
- Fill the jar with as much alcohol as possible (This method requires 190- proof alcohol), then seal very. In case you could not find alcohol of that strength, just put the mixture into a blender and liquefy.
- Seal as tightly and securely as possible.
- The process remains the same as the one used for dry cannabis. The primary thing to note is that if the alcohol used was less than 30-proof, the oil might need to refrigerate it, because of the water content in fresh cannabis.