Stainless Steel Balustrade is now widely being used in homes as well as commercial buildings for handrails and balconies. These stainless steel balustrades are popular for being anti corrosive and clean. They look simple, is easy to install, and also offers a stunning look to the entire interiors. These steel balustrades do not crack, flake, or chip off like wood or concrete. However, in order to keep it in the best condition always, it is important that regular cleaning is done. When the home owner takes care and maintains the steel, it will stay for a longer duration and there will be no need of investing in replacement.
Maintenance Tips For Stainless Steel Balustrade:
Let us check out some of the easy and effective tips which will help in cleaning stainless steel balustrades and make it look stunning and retain its brand new like look n. Have a look at some of them below.
- Use Mild Detergent: Never make use of harsh chemicals to clean the stainless steel balcony or handrail. You can use mild detergents or even liquid wash that is used for dishes diluted with some water to clean the balustrade. You need to dust off the rails with a dry cloth first and then wipe after soaking in a well rinsed mixture of water and detergent, well so that there are no spots seen after cleaning. Usually, the chemicals tend to cause spots on the steel, hence offer mild force when cleaning.
- Remove Scratches And Stains: Use soft scrubbers like Scotch-Brite and gently scrub the rails to remove stains. Make sure to repeat rubbing in the same direction otherwise you will notice crisscross lines all over the balustrade. After rubbing with Scotch-Brite , use a soft cloth for final cleaning.
- Find a Stainless Steel Balustrade Cleaner: Sometimes, even after taking a lot of care, the stainless steel gets rough scratches which maybe difficult to disappear. In such cases, you need to buy a cleaner which is specifically designed for removing such hard stains or scratches. It will help in polishing the surface and makes it look clean. Rinsing is an important step in this process. In addition to this, make sure to read the instructions on the bottle which may have some specific instruction on how to use the product. Use a dry towel to gently wipe at the end for the neat and tidy look.
- Get Rid Of Rust: If you live in places where there is more air borne pollutants then it is probable that the steel will rust and have corrosion. This happens because the dust that settles on the steel frame will gradually absorb moisture. The presence of moisture in due course leads to rust and later on lead to corrosion. When installing Stainless Steel Balustrade in the exteriors of the home you need to give a protective product like car wax that helps in keeping moisture away and prevent rusting. It is easy to purchase this from online stores or from any local department stores.
- Do Not Use Harsh Or Rough Products: Never try to use metallic scourers, abrasive powders or brass and silver cleaners as they will spoil the finish of the stainless steel balustrade. Use mild and good quality products only to clean the surface. Further, keep away from sand paper, steel wool, hydrochloric acids and even chlorine acids to keep the steel surface in good condition.