In the office, you want to implement the best hygiene practices for a healthy environment. Especially custodians pay extra attention to bathrooms when cleaning the overall office space. Your washroom cannot be imagined without a proper hand dryer as it’s one of the most essential items there. Hand dryers are essential as they help you dry your hands and not spread germs. Today, we are going to provide you with an ultimate guide on how to select a hand dryer to make the right choice, but before that let’s understand why you need a hand dryer at all.
Benefits Of A Hand Dryer
Let’s see some of the common benefits of hand dryers:
- Hygienic – While everyone usually emphasizes the need for handwashing, hand drying is equally crucial. Throughout the pandemic, much emphasis has been placed on the need for handwashing and people didn’t think of the importance of hand drying. Incorrect hand drying can cause germs to spread even faster since bacteria thrive in damp and moist environments. So, when you wash your hands but don’t dry them, you can think that your handwashing goes in vain. It’s hygienic and clean to dry your hands and hand dryers come to the rescue. They help you prevent infection and germ spread. Through having a hand dryer at your office, you ensure that your staff follows proper hygiene practices. The majority of hand dryers have hands-free operation available which helps you dry your hands even without touching the surface.
- Better User Experience – Your employees won’t feel comfortable and you may lose your trust once they see the office washroom is dirty and messy. Through hand dryers, you can ensure that there is no trash in your bathroom. While, when you use paper towels, you need to have waste bins and towels can fall on the floor, making your bathroom seem messy.
- Cost-Effective – While hand dryers are more expensive up front, they can save you money in the long term because you won’t have to regularly buy waste bins, replacement paper towels, etc.
- Low Maintenance – Hand dryers are an excellent choice if you’re searching for a low-maintenance option. When your bathroom runs out of paper towels, your maintenance crews need to replace them, order new ones, keep an eye on them, and don’t let the trash bin overflow. Once installed, hand dryers can be left to function in the background, so it’s easier to maintain as custodians can wipe down it once they clean the washroom.
- Environmentally Friendly – Paper towels are often non-biodegradable, which means they must be burnt or disposed of in a landfill, which is not environmentally friendly. While air dryers don’t harm the environment, they have improved over time by providing faster drying and using less electricity.
How To Select Hand Dryers
There are many factors that you should take into account while choosing a hand dryer and we’ve compiled top common tips for you:
Number Of People
Is a fast-drying hand dryer a must-have for your business? As you want to place a hand dryer at your office, you may want to think of the number of employees you have to understand how long queues are possible. To make the right choice, you need to understand how often your washroom will be used. If you are a big company then you need to consider a high-speed hand dryer not to create a lot of traffic at your washrooms. Hands can be dried in 9-11 seconds on average using high-speed dryers, but conventional dryers take upwards of 20 seconds.
In the long term, hand dryers are cost-effective, but you need to think of your budget. Some models will cost more upfront, so you’ll have to consider their features and benefits against your budget. Low-energy hand dryers are a popular choice for high-traffic areas since they are more cost-effective.
When your hand dryers are quiet, they provide a better experience. As you want to install it at your office, the loud noise can disrupt your employees. So, you need to consider buying a quieter automatic hand dryer to lower noise levels.
Are you seeking a compact design that will help you make the most of your available space? Not all bathrooms have a large space, so the size and style of your washroom will be a key issue to consider when selecting the best hand dryers. If your washroom isn’t large enough or you want to install more than one hand dryer, then consider a compact design.
Choose air dryers that use a HEPA filter to ensure that you provide hygienic areas. This filter may eliminate 99.97% of germs, pollen, dust, mold, and other particles from the air that are 0.3 microns.
This was an ultimate guide for you to consider factors when choosing hand dryers. Buy the best hand dryers in Australia, follow hygiene habits, and maintain your and your staff’s health!