A kitchen is the most important space for people who love cooking and spending their time here. It can be a big spacious room filled with modern amenities, or it can be conventional. It can be a modern kitchen or a galley kitchen, or also a country kitchen. A traditional kitchen designed in a tasteful way and a standard table for serving purposes is what is known as a country kitchen. It is a large area where food is prepared and cooked, and there are segregations for food preparation and eating. The country kitchen is generally open to another end of the room and does have a breakfast nook or a center island.
Desirable Feature of a Country Kitchen
- Often, the country kitchen has its dining area integrated into them, and so it becomes effortless to manage things while cooking and serving. The country kitchen styles are being incorporated into the workspaces and apartment complexes in modern times. It becomes easy to devote the spa cue that is saved for other purposes. These changes are done mainly due to construction considerations in workspaces and apartments.
- Country kitchens are more liable to be seen for use than formal dining rooms in a modern home, and they are better adapted to daily use with regards to cooking and serving. With the dinner table near the food preparation area, serving meals and cleaning up afterward is more convenient. You have the option to use the table as an additional workspace while cooking, for homework, or for family projects.
- Country kitchens are generally informal, family-oriented spaces. These are gathering places where guests can engage in conversation with you while you work, where comfort and a relaxed attitude are followed, and general use of the kitchen. Contrast this with the use of a formal dining room. A formal dining room is often limited to serving family meals or for special occasions. Again some formal dining rooms are separated from the rest of the house to offer a peaceful dining experience. While this protects and preserves the space and its contents, it removes an entire room of the house from regular use. It isolates the people inside the kitchen.
The country kitchen is more economical to plan and build than its formal counterparts. It is even installing country kitchen giving the topmost styles. This does not entail particular use of chairs and expensive crockery. The informal nature of a country kitchen means a minimal purpose of matching costly items such as dishes and plates and spoons. This entails a very casual dining experience and hence is economical.
- Fewer accidents and breakage, less upkeep are the benefits of having a country kitchen. The furnishings and the appliances are chosen for regular use, so the maintenance isn’t very high on these counts.
Disadvantages of Country Kitchens
- Country kitchens are meant to be used compactly. There is not enough space for additional chairs or extra tabletops or breakfast tables if guests are around.
- There is not enough space for more than one cook due to the compact size of the kitchen. Hence, it gets a bit inconvenient to walk around if more people are residing in the house.
Styles of Country Kitchens
- French Country is one of the most popular kitchen designs, and bright, cheery colors characterize these.
- English County
Even Farmhouse & garden theme creates a handcrafted green look all over the space. So, create a continuous style with Country kitchens that change your cooking area’s look and make your kitchen the center of the home.