Custom made curtains are the best ways to create an exceptionally fresh look for your home and office. This fabulous window treatment method is available in different varieties, and it is flexible to suit every lifestyle and budget. You can stylishly integrate your choice of look, be it archetypal, contemporary or trendy, and it can bring back any dull windows to life in a surprising manner.
Tips on Custom Made Curtains for Home
Listed below are some of the tips on custom made curtains for home:
- Go for a curtain with white or pale yellow lining as this can reflect sunlight in the warmer months and keeps the room cool while in the colder months, it minimizes heat loss. Also, it protects the fabric of the curtain from fading.
- Go for a floor-length curtain as this makes the interiors of the room look fabulous. However, for the kitchen and bathroom, the custom made curtains should be stitched till the window sill. For windows with cabinetry or window seats, the curtains need to be stitched till the top edge of the window seat or cabinetry. In the case of floor-length curtains, the proper length is about half an inch above the floor. This eases the work of mopping, cleaning, and dusting without getting the fabric soaked or caught in the vacuum cleaner.
- Arrange the curtains in a line on several fabric widths when using floral fabric that makes up each curtain pane. This will give a constant and unremitting pattern to the room.
- Choose full, lush curtains that are made from reasonable, plain cotton rather than the small curtains made from exquisite silk as this imparts a feel of luxury and class.
- For complete darkness within the room, you can go for the lined curtains, and if you want the light to penetrate the room, you can look for decorative, unlined curtains.
- Choose silky rayon blends and the cotton sateen for a formal space while to impart a casual feel, one can look for the cotton blends.
- Choose a color or a shade the same as that on the wall; however, it should be two shades darker to give a perfect ambiance.
- Choose bold colors like blue, green, yellow, pink, red, or violet colored curtains for decorating the kid’s room. These colors impart a feeling of liveliness and vivacity.
All these tips would help in making a perfect custom made a curtain for the home.
Tips on Custom Made Curtains for Office
Since office needs a more formal and a professional look; the requirement for making custom made curtains for offices have several other parameters that you need to consider:
- Avoid colors like red, orange, or yellow; instead, you can go for professional colors such as grey, white, blue, green, ash, etc.
- Choose a fabric that is light in weight and can reflect the light as in offices, several electronic devices such as computers, Xerox machines, etc. are present, which can make the room warmer.
- Choose lined custom made curtains rather than the unlined ones for offices. This is what will help in providing better privacy from the outside and provides a perfect professional look.
- Hang the curtains high to give an illusion of height.
- There are several areas in the office space where you are not allowed to drill, or you may need to work with the plaster walls. In such circumstances, a tension rod can be used. This makes a great substitute as they are made up of springs that expand from side to side to hold the rod in place.
Finally, when having the curtains custom made to your preferences, you always need to consider the interior décor of the home or office. Thus, use the custom made curtains to give your home and office perfect window treatment.