Everyone needs a decorative outlook for their place. Venetian Polished plaster is a common term that depicts an ancient decorative coating. It is different from painting. It is soft and gives the appearance of depth. Some new methods have made it more accessible. They have skilled craftsman, but because of some new products, one can also do it self-sufficiently by following a few steps and even by buying a few materials:
- Mud pan
- Paint tray
- 3/4″ nap roller and handle
- 400-600-grit sandpaper
- Paintbrush or roller
Raw Materials Required
- Latex paint
- Tinted Venetian plaster
Steps To Apply Venetian Polished Plaster
- The preparation of the wall or the room is the first step. This step includes cleaning of the room and floor. The walls of the place should not have any cracks or dirt. Once the walls are adequately cleaned, painting is the next thing to do.
- Now the Venetian Polished Plaster is mixed properly by adding all the products. Avoid touching; it may cause some skin problems. Now start applying it in your wall thoroughly. You can either use a paintbrush or a roller. However, it is easy to use a roller, and it is also a much faster way to apply. Don’t worry about the white areas because you can fill that area while applying the last coat. Now you have to wait for about three to four hours for the plaster to get dry before applying the second coat.
- Start applying the plaster in the same strokes. Keep in mind that now you have to fill all the white areas. A Hundred percent coverage is needed. Now let it dry.
- The final step is to sand or to rub the surface with the use of sandpaper (400 or 600 grit).
Tips To Remember When Getting A Venetian Polished
- This plaster is non-toxic and also breathable. It also contains natural materials. Venetian Polished Plaster is long-lasting. It does not lose its flexibility, as you do not need to re-plaster it. It protects the wall from fungi or other bacteria. Depending on these qualities and additional benefits, it is more costly than other plasters. Like other plasters, it does not contain other materials like glass or granite, which adds thickness and needs higher maintenance.
- Venetian Polished Plaster is not that easy to apply. Various tools are required.
- It requires a clean wall or surface to apply. The dirt and cracks need to be adequately cleaned before using Venetian Plaster. Cleaning also includes applying one coat paint (minimum). Using the right trowel is essential to keep in mind. A thin trowel will be the best option, as it is necessary to spread the coat evenly.
- It’s not an easy process. It needs experienced hands. Every layer is essential and needs to be applied very carefully. Smooth walls require a smooth application and perfect finishing.
- It is essential to check a product before use, so you should always check the quality of the plaster by making a sample.
- Venetian Polished plaster is suitable for interiors only. Not only inside houses, but you can also use it inside shops, restaurants, etc. But it is not ideal for the outer surface as rain, cold, and sunlight will damage it.