Coating failure is a common problem that is often faced by flooring after few years. It causes several impacts on that particular coated place like crack marks, patches, erosion, decoloration, wrinkling, etc. The reason for these failures are unwanted moisture, high porosity, flat-grained wood, so how could you face this situation and reduces the chance of coating failure. One of the premium solutions for this problem is making epoxy coating over the particular place or floor. It would reduce the possibility of coating failure and gives a durable coating layer on the object.
What Is The Epoxy Coating?
This coating is a coating compound comprised of two different elements, i.e., an epoxy resin and a polyamine hardener (that is also a catalyst). When both are mixed, the resin and the hardener combine and goes under a chemical reaction which creates cross-linking of elements as it cures. When the coating gets cured completely, that particular product is a durable, rigid plastic coating with enormous desirable mechanical properties.
Reason To Choose Epoxy Coating
- Protective Property: The reason that makes this coating best is that they have extraordinary mechanical property. These properties are hardness & durability, abrasion, impact, and chemical resistance, making it an ideal protective coating material and huge demand in industrial settings.
- Protects From Stains And Splashes: The most common use of these coating is in the warehouse, logistic centers and to increase the life of concrete floors in industrial facilities. It is an effective and impactful system to protect porous concrete from stains and splashes.
- Waterproofing: It is a waterproof coating that makes it durable and liquid resistant and helps to reduce the chances of cracking. Therefore, one could use it at those places where a lot of water takes place, such as pool decks and the kitchen.
Different Types Of Epoxy Coating
For increasing the durability of floors and limitless design, this coating must use. Epoxy coating has different types. Some of them are:
- Metallic Epoxy: This coating is a coating that helps to create beautiful, unique floors and gives modern styling to your floor. Many different colors are found in the metallic epoxy, and one could easily adapt to any décor following their choice. One could use this coating in their kitchens, boutiques, and retail stores to give a fantastic vibe.
- Clear Epoxy: This type of coating is very much suitable for commercial spaces and their garages. Those who want a durable floor with a timeless design must look at this epoxy coating.
The Clear epoxy helps to create the natural beauty of concrete. That’s why many residential owners used to choose clear epoxy for their familial spaces or their garage as well.
- Solid Epoxy: Solid epoxy is the most versatile epoxy, and non-other can beat solid epoxy in its durability. This epoxy is known for its rock-solid hardness and durability, but the main thing that makes its charm and beauty is how you can use it.
There are numerous colors available in the solid coating that one could use by their preference. This solid epoxy is very suitable for flooring retail stores, restaurants, or business places to show their particular brand color.
After going through all of the articles, we can conclude that epoxy coating is the best coating element for coating your bedroom floor, office floor, kitchen floor, basement floor, and at the places where liquid materials take place. This is also very much essential for making highly shining floors, giving preferable color and long-lasting durability.