If it is unbearable summer and you do not have an air conditioning system in your home, then life becomes almost next to impossible. The same goes for your car air-conditioning too, as the air conditioner is no longer a thing of luxury, but it has become a thing of necessity in most of the hottest countries in the world.
- Air conditioning, as the name suggests, is altering the property of the air in an enclosed area to make it more suitable for human living.
- The use of air conditioning is primarily in places that are occupied by humans, such as homes, commercial buildings such as offices, etc.
- When you talk of air conditioner, in general terms, it refers to a device that is used to lower the temperature of an enclosed space bringing about an alteration in the humidity levels of the air.
- Also, the air gets filtered in getting cooled, so the quality of air that is available to breathe also gets improved.
How does an air conditioning system work?
The air conditioner works according to the mechanism that is used for refrigeration. The refrigeration cycle is used in the air conditioner in which the air is sucked in through a filter, and this air circulated in contact with coolant.
- After a long cycle, the air becomes cool, and this is now released into the room.
- In this system, there are two parts. The first part is the one that is visible in the room and is responsible for the cooling of the room. The other or the second part is the one that remains outside the room and releases heat.
- This is the central unit of the air conditioner and has a system of pipes that contain the coolant. It is this part through which the air from the room circulates and is again thrown back into the room when it gets colder.
What are the types of air conditioners that you find in the market?
Broadly speaking there are two types of air conditioners available in the market, and they are
In the market, you will find the indoor air conditioners as well as the window air conditioners, the ducted, and the ductless ones. The window and the indoor are the effective types, but the indoor AC has the heated unit placed outside the house or on the roof. This eliminates the noise and heat that is produced from the close vicinity of the people living in the house.
The difference in the air conditioners is also seen in the way they do the cooling such as
- The Refrigerator style
- The evaporation style or free cooling style
- Air conditioning is the only means to get respite in the areas that experience high humidity. The places that are closer to the sea or the areas that receive heavy rainfall and have oppressive relative humidity need to install air conditioning units to achieve cooling as well as a decrease in the humidity levels.
Due to the general rise in temperature all over due to the effect of global warming, it has become mandatory for almost every household to get installed at least one air conditioner in their homes. This enables the inmates of the house to have a respite from not only high heat and humidity, but it also helps them work more efficiently and more productively.