A detailed analysis of the advantages and disadvantages you are unlikely to tell in the store.
- Decide on the type of design.
- Start your search for the best vacuum cleaner with a design choice.
Suitable for the full cleaning.
- The capacity of the dust bag: an average of 1 to 6 liters.
- Advantages: a huge selection of models with different functionality, high suction power.
- Disadvantages: usually work only from the network, take up a lot of space.
- Prices: an average of $200 to $300.
This is a classic type of vacuum cleaner, also sometimes called horizontal or balloon. A housing with a motor block and a dust compartment is connected to a suction pipe and various nozzles.
Standard vacuum cleaners have the highest suction power. She allows her to cope with carpets and other pile coverings.
Suitable for easy cleaning.
- Dust box capacity: average 0.35 to 2 liters.
- Advantages: take up little space, convenient to use.
- Disadvantages: as a rule, low suction power, dust collector, and battery life.
- Prices: an average of $250 to $300.
These models are a vertical monoblock in which the center of gravity is usually shifted to the bottom – this is where the motor with the dust collector is located. The main brush can be removable, which allows you to connect nozzles for cleaning hard-to-reach spots.
For smaller sizes of such vacuum cleaners, you have to pay with power: almost always, it is much smaller than that of classic models. However, if you do not have carpets or carpet, a vertical vacuum cleaner may be quite enough for you.
Most upright vacuums have a battery. But some models work only from the network.
The battery allows you to get rid of constantly interfering wires. However, it would help if you did not rely on significant autonomy: it is usually limited to 30–40 minutes, in rare cases, 60–70 minutes. In this case, recharging can take from 3 to 16 hours. Be sure to check these specifications before purchasing.
Only suitable for cleaning local contaminants.
- The capacity of the dust bag: an average of 0.2 to 1 liter.
- Advantages: portability, battery operation, low price.
- Disadvantages: minimum suction power, dust collector, and autonomy.
- Prices: an average of $300 to $350
These are compact and lightweight vacuum cleaners for cleaning a small amount of small debris from the floor and furniture. Due to the minimum suction power, they are in no way suitable for the main cleaning tool’s role. Such a vacuum cleaner will not cope with carpet cleaning or wool adhering to upholstered furniture. You can also use it for cleaning hardwood floors.
Also, many models run on battery power for no more than 20-30 minutes. Then they have to be charged.
Vacuum Cleaning Robots
The best for hardwood floors and maintaining cleanliness in the home.
- Dust box capacity: on average, from 0.05 to 1 liter.
- Advantages: minimum dimensions, battery operation, automatic cleaning.
- Disadvantages: minimal suction power, small dust collector, not suitable for thick carpets, high price.
- Prices: an average of $200 to $350.
These are compact devices that move independently within the premises, removing dust and simple pollution. Given their shape, they will not be able to cope with hard-to-reach areas; therefore, robots do not claim to be the main means of cleaning.
Almost all robotic vacuum cleaners with a lack of charge automatically return to the docking station. Accordingly, access to it should always be open, and obstacles in the way should be removed.
When buying a robot, find out in advance whether it is possible to control through a mobile application. With it, you can limit the cleaning area and control the operation of the device remotely.