Adirondack began with a person named Thomas Lee, who first invented the chair around 1903. These days, Adirondack chairs are available in varieties, whether it is for material, colors, design, or accessories. Nowadays, these are available for kids as well. So, today, this article is going to help you to choose that perfect Adirondack style furniture for your kids. Let’s get going.
Determine If You Need an Adirondack Chair
Undoubtedly, the Adirondack chair is a trending choice, but how can you determine if you need one for your child or yourself. Well, here are some reasons that will help you decide:
- An Adirondack chair lies backward on the ground with the rear part that makes it secure to sit.
- The full arm space and the design to support your back make you feel relaxed.
- These chairs are close to the ground, so they are beneficial for people with back problems.
- The chair allows for long resting time, and with a pillow, extra comfort can be achieved.
- The extra space for accessories makes it even more functional yet comfortable.
Things to Consider While Choosing Adirondack Style Furniture
Start With Choosing The Material Type
Whether it is a baby Adirondack chair or the adult one, you should always consider the variety of material. These days, manufacturers use different materials to produce these Adirondack Style chairs, and it is your job to find the best one for you. The different materials are teak, HDPE lumber, and plastic as well. Let’s discuss each of these so you can decide further. It is advised to consider aspects like durability, comfort, appearance, weight, and price before making the final selection.
Teak is the material for those who love to own an Adirondack chair made of wood. Though there are other woods like pine, oak, and bamboo, teak holds the significance among all. The wood reacts well with the weather as well as maintenance.
- The wood withstands time, and it does not get scratched easily.
- Teak is an all-year-round wood that stays strong against water, wind, rust, and other external factors.
- It is color can be the concern as teak comes only in one color.
- Teak needs regular maintenance if you want to avoid the issue “silver patina.”
- It is also an expensive option out there, among other materials.
High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
HDPE acts as a resin that is synthetic and used as a base for furniture. For the cost, HDPE acts as a balancer for its luxury, comfort, and flexibility.
- The maintenance comes so easy that you only need a damp cloth
- The material produces medium-weight furniture
- It can be used to manufacture outside furniture as it is resistant to wind and other weather factors
- Its different colors are the main advantage that makes it perfect for a baby Adirondack chair
- It is stylish, luxurious yet strong that is recyclable forever
Injection Molded Plastic
If you are looking for a temporary Adirondack chair in your backyard, then plastic is a great option too. For kids, the plastic material is perfect as it is inexpensive plus colorful. The material acts as an excellent choice for outdoor furniture as well, so you can welcome your guests more classily.
- The material does not need any special care
- It can efficiently serve all year
- It is a budget-friendly option that is lightweight as well
- It is not designed to handle very much weight, and it is vulnerable to heavy wind
- It may not serve you more than a year
- The coloring can fade away quickly
- It does not feel luxurious
Size And Height Of The Chair
As you are selecting child Adirondack chair, it is vital to take care of the height and size too. Take your kid along while deciding on the chair or read out the sizing guide carefully. Choosing an ideal height is as important as the material; otherwise, your kid won’t find it comfortable while sitting. From 30 to 42 inches, Adirondack chairs are available in different sizes and for different weights.
Types Or Style
The next factor that comes along the way is choosing the style. While choosing Adirondack patio furniture, you can decide the design as per your taste. There is no right or wrong; it just depends on your preferences. Through Adirondack chairs, the design does not change very much; there are some tiny changes that you may notice. It is up to you whether you want to adopt these changes or keep it simple and traditional. When it comes to kids choosing, it is good to have the chair that has some tweaks and does not seem entirely traditional.
Color Of The Adirondack Chair
As it is about selecting the Adirondack chair for your little one, you can go with the plastic or HDPE lumber. These two materials feature different colors and styling, as well. Buying teak won’t get you any color, and that can be monotonous for kids. Choose any color such as green, blue, red, brown, etc., and let your kids enjoy the appealing looks.
Check For The Extra Space
Having a chair that includes some extra space for your coffee mug, water bottle, or some add-ons is always a great idea. Even kids enjoy having their necessities nearby while enjoying outdoors. Chairs that come with extra space are still worth buying as you can use a pillow to get the desired rest. Using a footstool for your kid can be helpful so they can easily get on the chair and enjoy it.
While choosing an Adirondack chair for you or your kid, always consider your options. Whether it is for material, color, or design, you should still be happy with your purchase. We hope reading out the article will get you ideal Adirondack style furniture every time.