Every homeowner wishes to create the perfect indoor space. But this often requires the right combination of skills and resources. If you lack the expertise needed, it is always good practice to consult a skilled architect to aid you. Your living room being the center of attention means you must keep it as presentable as possible. And depending on the décor design you want, you can always make your dreams come true.
If a nature-inspired living room design will work for you, look no further. We’ve compiled some nature-themed room ideas below.
Natural Decor In Living Room Ideas – What You Need To Know
Designing the perfect living room may take some bit of trial and error. But at the very start, you’ll always have to get some things right. For instance, every décor design must always incorporate the right choice of materials, colors, and lighting.
For nature-themed living room decor, the focus should be on the above three elements. We are going to break them down one by one. But first, let’s see what to expect from a modern living room that’s nature-inspired. Ideally, these are the things you should aim at:
- Natural lighting. That means large open windows that allow for more light during the day. And a nature-inspired lamp selection that’s unique and functional.
- Nature-inspired decors. These are decorations with a relaxing feel and look. They should incorporate elements found in nature but with a more minimalist or casual vibe.
- The choice of material. Anything ranging from wood, stones, rocks, and pebbles would do just perfect.
- The color choices. Your color preference should be nature-inspired. That means earthy colors in the shades of brown, some blues, greens, and reds. You can play with color combinations, provided the resulting look is more nature-ish.
Living room décor can take any form. If you are looking for a simple home decoration that meets your needs, you’ve got many options. First, consider any décor piece that creates an organic feel in the room. These could include flowers, nature-like wallpapers and art, indoor plants, and everything in between.
The idea is to be creative without losing touch with the nature aspect. Regardless of what you have at your disposal, you can always create a beautiful decoration. Be keen not to overdo it, lest you’ll get lost in the creative process.
Choosing The Right Materials
Not many people have an idea of what their living room looks like. If you are intentional enough to choose the right materials, you’ll have your perfect nature-inspired design. Some of the natural materials you can choose are:
- Wood or plywood. You can have a wooden coffee table, a wooden cabinet, or wooden wall art. Anything that has the color, texture, and feel of wood will do just great. Another thing is to consider wood as a flooring option. Here, bamboo or hardwood species such as oak and mahogany would be great. Wooden ceilings are another great addition to your living room.
- Besides having nature-inspired wallpapers, you can go even further to use recycled paper décor. These paper decors could fit anywhere, from home accents to room furniture.
- Crystals and rocks. River rocks and pebbles create an indoor sanctuary that’s unique and appealing. When done right, crystals and rocks make the perfect living room escapade you’ve always wanted.
Making Color Choices
Your nature-inspired living room won’t be complete without a mention of colors. The color patterns in your interior say a lot about the overall design. When choosing living room natural color schemes, always pay attention to the overall appearance. That means knowing how your single color choice impacts the whole design.
Earthy colors may look great on their own. But once combined with the other colors, they may not be as appealing as such. You always want to pay attention to the overall design as you continue to mix and match. Dark green, red clay, mustard, and white hues may combine well. Similarly, bringing in some chocolate and caramel shades will also do. But once you go for the darker colors, ensure there’s enough natural lighting.
Designing your living room doesn’t have to be complicated. Sticking to the above tips will not only make your work easier, but it will also give you the results you desire. When creating any natural décor, a rule of thumb is to focus on the finer details. And at the same time paying attention to the project’s overall design.
Whether you are adding some leaves or bringing some wild birds indoors, make everything as stylish as possible. If you are to go for plants, don’t be afraid to think differently. Even if that means bringing in that unique canopy, make sure it’s pet-safe with no foul odors.
For lighting purposes, going all-natural is the goal. But you can incorporate some woven pendants and lampshades to avoid darkness at night. You can also choose wall accent lamps to add a natural touch to corners. Other lighting options are also welcomed, especially on the tables and ceilings.