You are planning to find who is the cheapest electricity supplier in QLD? As a consumer, are you paying more than your neighbor? If your answer is yes, then it’s time to dig. You can change this scenario by switching providers. With the deregulations in the energy sector, Queensland has seen a massive influx of service providers that offers affordable electricity plans. Not all of Queensland has a deregulated energy market, meaning that not everyone has a choice. If you live in South East Queensland, it may be possible to switch, but when it comes to regional QLD, you cannot switch, and here, the Government-owned Ergon energy provides the service.
If you are a resident of Queensland, you have the flexibility to choose from different plans rates and make some sizable savings on your total bill. To find who is the cheapest electricity supplier in QLD, you can use different aggregator websites to compare all the plans available in your area.
How To Find The Cheapest Provider?
Household energy usage is a major factor in the overall expenditure, so it becomes way more important to find the right retailers that offer better energy prices. The electricity rate fluctuates a lot between energy providers, so finding the right energy plan for your home makes sense. Try to make an energy usage profile of your home based on:
- The type of residence you live in
- What is the location of your home?
- Number and types of electrical appliances that you have in your home
- The number of people who are living in the home
- Are there any heavy electrical appliances installed
Once you consider all the above points, you can build an energy usage profile and compare different plans based on your usage. Using an aggregator website to find all available electricity plans and providers at your postal code, you can do this. Other than this, you may be eligible for many types of concessions. You need to check your eligibility at the government website or ask some professional people to check this. Different types of concession schemes that are available in Queensland are as follows:
- Low-income household rebate (people with low income are offered $285 (excluding GST) a year)
- Family energy rebate (help families with dependent children to cover their utility bills)
- Seniors’ energy rebate (Individuals who hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card)
- Gas rebate & Life support rebate (Pensioners and seniors are eligible)
Finding the cheapest service provider is a no-brainer; you can go to different provider websites to compare rates in your area. You can either compare rates at other aggregator websites to find the Cheapest Electricity Supplier in QLD.