Joinery can be defined as woodworking, where lumbar and timber pieces are joined together to manufacture a sophisticated, yet sturdy wood product. It comes with a long list of properties, including toughness, flexibility, durability, and strength. People who are not fully aware of joinery usually confuse it with carpentry, but the reality is that these two terms and different from each other, and they should be taken as two separate tasks.
Difference Between Joinery And Carpentry
Although both of them and their tasks seem similar to each other, some things differentiate them. A joiner plans designs and prepares a beautiful piece of wood by joining two wooden pieces. On the other side, a carpenter visits one’s home, make a wooden product, and make it fit for the place where it is required. Both- a joiner and a carpenter, repair and construct furniture items and fix them, there are various kinds of special services offered only by joiners. These services could be related to the living room, bathroom, kitchen, or any other region of a place.
There are various types of joinery techniques that are used depending on their usage and requirement. Those types are:
- Butt joint: It is the most common and straightforward joint method. Here, one end of the wooden piece is joined with another piece.
- Lap joint: One end of a wooden piece is placed over another one and fixed to each other.
- Bridle joint: A fork shape through mortise is connected to through tenon. Corners of these two pieces are joined through this method.
- Dowel joint: One end of the wooden piece butted against another wooden piece.
- Miter joint: Procedure like butt joint is followed here too, but the two wooden pieces are beveled.
- Finger joint: It is a procedure to connect two wooden pieces like interlocking fingers.
- Dovetail joint: Here, also, the interlocking fingers-like procedure is followed but by diagonal cuts.
- Other Joint Methods: Some other renowned joint methods are: Dado joint, Groove joint, Tongue and groove, mortise and tenon, Birdsmouth joint, Cross Lap, and Splice joint.
A house owner needs to hire the best joinery service provider to get the best of joinery services. Only an experienced and expert professional in joinery can ensure the perfect and beautiful look to a place, and transform it for the better.
Some Effective Tips That Can Help One In Hiring The Best Joinery Service Provider:
- Experience: It does not matter what kind of services one is looking for, going with the experienced professional is the safest way to have beneficial results. Especially when it is about joinery, experience matters the most. Years of experience in the arena ensures that the professional is an expert in all kinds of joints and will deliver the expected results.
- Reputation: In addition to years of experience in joinery, a professional should be reputed among their clients. A joinery service provider will have a good reputation only when they have satisfied clients. By checking the quality of work, one can determine if the professional has a good reputation or not.
- Professionalism: The individual must be professional enough to follow all the joinery rules and procedures. Also, the expert must work keeping the client’s expectations and deadline in mind to ensure that the perfect joinery solutions could be provided at the time.
- Licensed and Expert: The professional must be legally authorized to offer joinery services. One must check if the service provider has a valid license. Also, the professional must have unique qualities, such as paying attention to every detail and practical communication skills.