Most of the house owners install blinds on the windows of their homes. Cleaning the curtains is essential, but most of the people indeed forget this necessary household chore. As a result, dirt and dust particles start accumulating on the surface of the blinds, which in turn makes them look untidy. But, it is vital to take excellent care of them, as they certainly add a lot of charm as well as practicality to your living space.
Untidy blinds can create a wrong impression in the mind of your guests. Fortunately, it is simple to clean the window blinds. Curtains are usually made from two materials, either plastic or wood. Before you proceed with blind cleaning, you need to keep a few tips in mind. Before we provide you the tips, let us talk about the tools that you need for the cleaning purpose.
You can easily purchase the duster and cloth from the online stores. Once you have the items mentioned above, you can follow the below-mentioned steps.
Blind Cleaning Process You Need to Follow
It is essential to keep in mind that one should never sprinkle water on an untidy blind. The blend of dust settled on the blind, and water can make things worse. Hence, it is better to follow the dry method of cleaning in the beginning.
- Set the blinds to their open position; take the duster and run it along with the blinds, starting from the top to the bottom. In this way, it would be easier to get rid of the accumulated dust particles through a straightforward method.
- After you are done dusting the blinds, use the vacuum cleaning machine to clean up the dust particles that have fallen on the floor.
- Now, set the blinds to their closed position, which in turn will expose the concave side of the blinds — using the microfiber cloth to wipe away the dirt and dust particles, beginning from the top till bottom. Again, use the vacuum cleaner to collect the dust particles from the floor.
- Using the tilt wand of the blind, close it, and doing so would reveal the convex side of the blind towards you. Using the same microfiber cloth, dust the convex side and get rid of the dust particles.
- Finally, clean up the floor using the vacuum cleaner.
In case the blinds are heavily soiled, you will have to take down the blinds from the windows and soak them in warm water for an hour or two. There is no need to use any cleaning agent. But, mild cleaning solutions can be used for this purpose. After an hour, take out the blinds from the water tub and wipe them with a microfiber cloth. You should dry them in the shade because placing them directly under the sun can lead to discoloring of the same.
So, that is all you need to know about blind cleaning. You can also search for professional blind cleaning services in this regard. There are professionals available who can take care of the cleaning process at reasonable rates. But, it is vital to hire a reputed and reliable cleaning agency, so that the physical condition of the blinds does not get affected. Special care should be taken when it comes to cleaning the wooden shutters. Keep the aspects mentioned above in mind and maintain the fresh look of your window’s blinds.