Lighting retrofits may not necessarily be a topic for household discussion, but business owners are hearing the term bandied about more and more often these days. That’s because the lighting landscape has experienced a fundamental shift in the past few years. So much so that companies that do not undergo a lighting retrofit are in real danger of losing their competitive edge.
To the uninitiated, however, the term lighting retrofit may still seem like some mysterious, perhaps unnecessary diversion of resources. So to help clear things up, we’re going to explain precisely what it is and provide some reasons why it’s so important.
Just What is a Lighting Retrofit?
In the most basic sense, a lighting retrofit is when you upgrade your existing energy-wasting light fixtures and bulbs with hyper-efficient LED lights.
- The Business Upgrade You Need – As we’ll see, a lighting retrofit is no mere formality or way to sell you something you don’t need. It’s the kind of change that can help ensure the prosperity of your enterprise for decades to come. So, in that sense, it’s not just a lighting upgrade; it’s a business upgrade.
Why a Business Owner Should Consider a Lighting Retrofit
That business upgrade we just talked about is going to manifest itself in many ways. Including but not limited to:
- Significantly Reduced Energy Costs – LED lights to use about 10% of the energy of a standard light bulb. That means you could, in theory (and often in practice) save as much as 90% on your lighting costs if you have a full retrofit. Those types of savings are nothing to sneeze at.
- Virtual Elimination Of Maintenance Costs – LED lights not only burn a tiny fraction of the energy of standard bulbs, but they can last as long as 15 or 20 years. Sometimes longer. No more paying staff to spend time replacing burned out bulbs.
- Helping To Build A Better World – By now, everyone is aware that the planet’s resources are not a bottomless well. If we are to pass along a world worth living into the next generation and the next, we all need to do our part to preserve the resources we have. A lighting retrofit will bring your company in line with this push toward a better future for everyone.
- High-Quality Light That Will Help Increase Productivity – LED light can be as strong as you want it to be, but it will never produce glare. It’s about the cleanest, clearest forms of light ever invented, and it is also available in any color you can imagine. As such, all aspects of your business will benefit from being better lit, and you will likely see noticeable upticks in productivity.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to the lighting retrofit, the bottom line is that it will help improve your bottom line by making your company more efficient and effective. Talk to the lighting retrofit experts at LEDdirect to learn more about how a lighting retrofit can help your company prosper going forward.