Sometimes we have a get-together of family or even friends at home. And we have a lot of friends and family members who come home and have fun. Sometimes we also have guests who smoke, and we cannot stop them from doing so. As a result of this, a particular smoke smell then settles in our furniture, especially the ones made from leather. Even if we have a fire corner in our house, that also creates a lot of smoke smell, settling in the furniture. It then becomes a challenging task to remove the smoke’s smell from the furniture, especially from the leather.
Here are a few tips which will help to remove the smell if done correctly:
- Always start with wiping out the sofa with a damp cloth. Ensure that the cloth is washed simultaneously to spread the smell to other parts of the sofa.
- Then use a minimal amount of saddle soap into the new damp cloth.
- The cloth should then be worked upon with water so that a rich lather is formed.
- This cloth should be then used to rub the entire sofa in circular motions. In the process, a little more water and also saddle soap may be required. It is advisable to use new cloth every time. After rubbing the entire sofa, it should be allowed to dry out completely.
- Next, the soap residue should be removed using a new cloth.
- Once the soap residue is removed from the sofa, the entire sofa should be buffed with a new cloth. This will help to give the sofa a new shine and also remove the smell of the smoke.
- This process needs to be repeated if the smoke smell is too much and doesn’t eliminate in one process.
It is advisable to use saddle soap of high quality, and also, the cloth used should be lint-free. This will help to expedite the process of removing the smoke smell from leather. It is also important for the family members who smoke in the house to make sure that they smoke in the area away from the leather furniture and cover it.