If you are thinking of replacing your existing air conditioning unit or purchasing a new one, two costs must be considered—the purchase cost of the system itself and the installation cost.
Although the cost depends on the installer, other factors determine the installation cost too. Thus, as a homeowner, how can you estimate the cost of having the system up and running? Read on below for some insights.
When any installer is giving you the cost, they will consider various things.
- The type of system. Many people know of wall-mounted and ducted systems, but there are also more advanced systems such as VRV air conditioners.
- The more cooling or heating capacity, the larger the size and the more it will cost
- If there is ductwork required, the amount of ducting required will play a part.
- The amount of interconnecting cables and refrigeration piping used.
- How easy is it to access your property? How big are the crawl spaces, and how easy is it to access the attic? The more difficult it is, the more they will charge.
- Where your home is located, the rates and how the installation is priced vary from one region or city to another.
- How long it will take for the system to be installed. Most installers charge per hour, and the more hours required, the higher the cost.
- How complicated the project is. Complications may arise from the access and how complicated it is to install the system.
So, How Much Will The Installation Cost?
With so many variables, there is no standard amount for installing your air conditioner, as the above factors will determine this.
By working with a reputable company or professional, it will be easy to understand the costs and come up with a realistic budget.
Make Sure The Installer Is A Professional
Although you want to save on installation costs, you must work with professionals. Confirm they have the necessary licenses, such as the Refrigeration Council Conditioning license, which varies from one place to the other.
As you plan to hire an air conditioning installer, keep in mind the determinant factors of the cost. To make sure that you get the best possible quote, compare several of them from different installers.
Try to understand the differences in the quotes as much as possible. Also, ask questions if you are confused by any of the costs.
What is essential is how, professionally and adequately, the unit will be installed. For this reason, get quotes from professional technicians. You may be surprised to find out that air conditioning installation is affordable.