We are so busy these days that hardly we get time to relax. When did you spend some quiet time or doing anything just for leisure and relaxation. Today relaxation is a business with so many spas and relaxation spots opened. But the fact is one place where you can really relax is your home. And living rooms is place where you first sit down and try and catch some breath after work when you come home. This means we really have to put efforts which make living room more relaxing place.
Here are some tips which will help you create more relaxing aura in your living room:
Have a focal point in living room. This is very essential just as large bay window. You must consider your furniture placement. Place your furniture where you can have relaxing focal point. Keep your furniture grouped such as it is comfortable and has intimate setting.
- The paint colors can be neutral or pastels, or hues of blue and green.
- Have bright colors and loud fabrics where you want energy.
- Textures must be soft visually as well as touch.
- Toss few pillows on couch.
- Keep an ottoman nearby where you can keep small blanket which you can easy take it when you want.
- If you read at night time then keep a lamp.
- In living room add freshness with plants and fresh flowers.
- Keep clutter minimum.
- Have area rugs which create softness and gives layering effect.
- Beautiful sunlight its must and let your room be lit with natural sunlight.
- Create vignettes which evokes sense of calm.
- Have a waterfall small fountain in living room its good.
- Fish tank too if you like and afford it can have calming effect.
- Your couch must be comfortable.
Make sure you clean your living room regularly. If you enter and see it in mess you will get disturbed and not be able to relax.