We are so busy these days that we hardly get time to relax. When did you spend some quiet time or do anything just for leisure and relaxation? Today relaxation is a business with so many spas and relaxation spots opened. But the fact is one place where you can relax in your home. And the living room is where you first sit down and try and catch some breath after work when you come home. This means we have to put efforts which make the living room a more relaxing place.
Here are some tips which will help you create a more relaxing aura in your living room:
Have a focal point in the living room. This is essential, just as large bay windows are. Next, you must consider your furniture placement. Place your furniture where you can have a relaxing focal point. Keep your furniture grouped so comfortable and has an intimate setting.
- The paint colors can be neutral or pastels, or hues of blue and green.
- Have bright colors and loud fabrics where you want energy.
- Textures must be soft visually as well as in touch.
- Toss a few pillows on the couch.
- Keep an ottoman nearby where you can keep a small blanket that you can easily take when you want.
- If you read at night time, then keep a lamp.
- In the living room, add freshness with plants and fresh flowers.
- Keep clutter minimum.
- Have area rugs that create softness and give a layering effect.
- Beautiful sunlight is a must; let your room be lit with natural sunlight.
- Create vignettes that evoke a sense of calm.
- Having a small waterfall fountain in the living room is good.
- Fish tank, too, if you like and afford it, can have a calming effect.
- Your couch must be comfortable.
Make sure you clean your living room regularly. If you enter and see it in a mess, you will be disturbed and unable to relax.