While some roofing issues can be done in a do-it-yourself fashion, roof installation should always be done by a professional. Many homeowners overlook the importance of seeking an expert’s help when it comes to roofing problems because of budget issues. But you can find affordable roofers offering high-quality products and services if you look hard enough. Continue reading below to learn more.
Compare and Choose the Right Roofing Company for You
The most important aspect of seeking a trusted and reputable roofing company is comparing the rates and services of different contractors. Don’t choose a roofing contractor because it offers the lowest price. Remember that a good roofing company should have proper insurance and other overhead costs, so pricing has to be established to cover such expenses.
Here Are Some Tips When Comparing And Selecting The Right Roofing Company For You:
- Avoid those roofing contractors working on the side or those who are just working off a pick-up truck. While these contractors offer lower prices, you might end up spending more money because of poor service quality.
- Choose a roofing company that can offer an artistry guarantee or warranty of service.
- Read and compare roofing companies in Angie’s List, Better Business Bureau, and other reputable review sites.
Check The Warranty The Roofing Company Offers
A contractor roof warranty (usually five years) is pretty straight forward and is offered by the roofing company that installed your roof. A manufacturer warranty varies, and some cover the entire system or only the material. A roofing contractor warranty typically only cover artistry. That’s why it’s essential to ask what warranty you’re getting, the coverage, the things that can void the warranty, and expert tips to prolong the life of your roof.
Here Are The Good-To-Know Facts About Roof Warranties:
- A roofing-material-only-warranty has a lower cost as compared to a full system warranty, but only covers premature deterioration and manufacturing defects.
- A material-only-warranty typically covers the roof membrane. It doesn’t include other roofing accessories such as metal edge, flashings, and adhesives, among others.
- A labor-only warranty usually covers only the labor or craft required to address a roof defect.
- A full system warranty covers the materials, accessories, metalwork, and labor. However, it won’t cover the cost of repairs due to installation failures. That’s why you should choose the right roofing installer the first time.
- A roof quality warranty covers you against the costs related to installation failures and errors that a labor-only warranty doesn’t cover.
Ask the Right Questions
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices into three roofing companies, contact each and ask the right questions. By doing so, you’ll get an idea of the rates, services, and customer service of the best contractors in the roofing industry in your local area.
Here Are Some Questions You Might Want To Ask When Interviewing A Roofing Contractor:
- Are you a local roofing contractor? Choose a roofing company that’s operating locally with a physical office to make sure you get the help and support when problems arise.
- Do you provide a written contract? Everything should be put in writing, including the terms of payment to avoid costly additional expenses. Don’t give funds or make a payment until the work is completed to ensure satisfaction.
- How long will the roofing work take? You should have a clear idea of the start and end date of the roofing project for time management and avoid costly labor expenses.
The best people who can provide you an idea of how a roofing company works are previous customers. Talk to your trusted friends, relatives, or colleagues who were previous customers of your prospective roofing company and ask about the pricing, service, and workmanship. By doing so, you can make the right final decision and make sure every penny you invest in your roof, whether it’s new installation or repair, is worth it.
Here Are Some Tips When Getting Referrals:
- Ask how satisfied previous customers were by rating the roofing contractor 1 to 5 (‘1’ being the lowest and ‘5’ as the highest rating) and the reason why your friend or relative gave such rating.
- Ask your friend or relative if leaks, water damage, and other roofing problems arose within one to two years after the roofing installation or repair.
- Check the roof of the person referring to the roofing company to you. It’s one of the best ways to check the quality or quality of service of the company.
By keeping all the tips mentioned above in mind, you’ll be able to make the right decision when choosing the most affordable roofing company for you. Don’t only consider the upfront costs, but also the long-term costs associated with roofing maintenance and repairs. While choosing the cheapest bidder can save you money initially, you don’t want to compromise your entire roofing system because of poor workmanship. So, it’s best to hire a trusted, reputable, and dependable roofing contractor offering reasonable rates.