An idea of kitchen as relaxing place seems impossible. Relaxation and Kitchen don’t go hand in hand. Making kitchen a place to relax is impossible. Well that is not true. Well idea of relax kitchen area sound oxymoron but kitchen is hub of house, where life is lived as it’s this place the nutritious meals get prepared and in kitchen too you can have awesome memories. Here we are talking not about relaxed kitchen but harmonious kitchen which organized and is devoid of chaos and clutters. Organized kitchen helps you work better and calmer will be the space.
Keep like items with the like items. Like example spices must be kept together and one which is frequently used has to be easy in accessibility.
Cleanliness is very important. Keep kitchen clean and tidy
Cleanliness of kitchen cabinets and cupboards pantry etc. must be done time to time. Toss items which have been opened for while and have been sitting. Check supply and replace items or buy things which have been consumed and will be needed. Wipe down shelf in refrigerator also. Check things for their expiry date.
- Create a coffee and tea area that has everything such as Kimbo coffee, tea bags, sugar, and mugs all in one place.
- In refrigerator keep in accessible way snacks such as fruits, juices, yogurts, and cheese.
- Keep workspace as clutter free. Don’t dump things on the counter. Designate space for each thing in kitchen. Don’t dump paperwork in kitchen.
- Keep your things such as measuring spoons, cutting board, knives, etc in prep area. You don’t have to walk across to get those things.
- If you have table in kitchen make sure it is clutter free and this allows family to sit together without frenzy of cleaning it every time for cleaning it.
- Keep your cookbooks organized and handy.
- Keep bowels of fresh fruits on hand.
- Place vase of flowers or pots of herbs near your sink or counter it has soothing capabilities.
- Have decorative lighting in kitchen too. You will love it.
- Have music system in kitchen and you can listen favorite playlist while you cook.
- Near your prep area, sinks and near stove you must have washable rugs it helps to soften floor.
- In kitchen too hang art and even photographs.
Though the ideas are repetitive but simple tips or simple steps can go long way to have relaxing home. Share with us more relaxing tips if you have.