“Vastu Shastra” is ancient architecture art of India that describes principles of style, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement, and spatial geometry.
Wheater you believe, or not but knowingly or unknowingly we all follow Vaastu Shastra rules in our routine. Many people use Vaastu for building a home or construction corporate office buildings. It is said that “Vastu Shastra” is an Indian Feng Shui to balance energy flow in our house or business place to gain best results. We construct homes and buildings as per Vastu tips so that our lives filled with happiness. Vaastu Purush is considered as a deity in the Indian scriptures since ages.
However now the time has changed, and some of the architectural theories do not match with ancient architecture, so humans are still not satisfied with Vastu Shastra, as of an example, according to ancient Indian Vastu Shastra, sewerage (toilet) should not be in the home area it should be outside far from home. But it is not possible in present time, so many Vastu gurus have recommended toilets in South-West or the South.
Names of diety and direction as below:
The East direction – Deity: Sun
The North direction – Towards the left side of East – Deity: Kuber
The West direction – Front of the East course- Deity: Varun
The South direction – Front of North direction – Deity: Yamraj
The Ishan Kon – North- East corner – Deity: Lord Shiva
The Agni Kon – South- East corner – Deity: Agni or Fire
The Vayavya Kon – North-West corner – Deity: Vaayu or Air
The Neshrty Kon – South-West corner – Deity: Pitar
The Center area – Center of all directions – Deity: Brahma
Here is the Vastu mantra, it is a belief that if you chant this mantra, God blesses you and your home.
वास्तु मंत्र – “नमस्ते वास्तु पुरुषाय भूशय्या भिरत प्रभो मद्गृहं धन धान्यादि समृद्धं कुरु सर्वदा.”
Home Vastu (गृह वास्तु) – Vastu For Home And Entrance
- Your main door of the house Vastu must be more significant than the rest of the doors.
- Construct doorstep on the main entrance gate, so that the flow of negative energy stops. Use mango wooden to create doorstep.
- Place the Picture or statue of Lord Ganesha above the main door of the house Vastu, inside and outside, in the middle of a door. Lord Ganesha has nectar in his eyes and poverty in the back. Due to both sides of Ganpati’s eyes, there will be the effect of nectar at your home, which considered suitable for a home Vastu.
- Don’t place a picture of a half-constructed half-constructed building or identical; though it sounds of the collapse (in front of the main door) according to Vastu, it invites sorrows and illness.
- The North-east is considered the best for the main entrance of a house. Avoid south-east and south-west for the main entrance.
- The main door of the home Vastu should be facing East or North-east direction. Which means sunrise rays can come from the main gate entrance.
Kitchen Vastu (रसोई वास्तु) Vastu Tips For Kitchen
- A kitchen must be at Agni Kon (East-South) of the land though we believe Agni is a deity of fire. So the cooking stove or gas should be placed in the south-east of the kitchen.
- The furnace or the gas stove should not be visible from the outside of a kitchen.
- Pooja room or statue/picture of the god must not be above the sink or cooking stove.
- Kitchen area must not be in the North-East direction.
- The North-East direction of the kitchen accommodation should be kept for drinking water.
- Keep your electronic equipment toward the south or East-South corner.
- Place the picture of Goddess Annapurna in the kitchen so that the goddess blesses you and you never have to face food problems.
Vastu of Worship Room (पूजा कक्ष का वास्तु) – Vastu Tips For Pooja Room
- North-east is ideal for a prayer room.
- Worship room Vastu is considering better if established towards East or North.
- The face of The God should be facing to East or North direction in a pooja room/prayer room.
- Avoid prayer room on the first floor, in the basement, before the main entrance, on the terrace, in the master bedroom, under or upon the toilet.
- Avoid a load of goods in the pooja room/worship room.
- Never place the broken idol or picture in the prayer room.
- If you want to worship any statue, does not the distinguished life of a bust. And the statue or idol should not be longer than two inches or more than a thumb.
- Keep a place for your totem or deity in the worship room.
Vastu For Accommodation (कक्ष वास्तु)
- The head of the household’s should be at the south-west makes him the chief authority of the home.
- Other rooms should be at the North or East or North-west angle in the house.
- Avoid North-East direction main room.
- Keep your head towards South or East and legs must be in North or West on the bed while you sleep.
- Avoid putting any mirror in front of the bed.
- Keep the clothes closet or dressing wardrobe in South-West corner. Place your wardrobe facing towards North direction which is the direction of Kuber is a god of prosperity.
- Do not make worship room or place any picture of God in the master bedroom or children room, but you can put the image of Lord Krishna and Radha as a love symbol
- According to Vaastu Shastra, the room of household person must go in the south-west. And south-west must be heavy from the northeast.
- Therefore heavy wardrobe should be situated in the south-west of the room Vastu.
- Don’t place any iron beam above the closet or bed. Or put the pictures or stickers of Lord Ganesha (for nectar vision) on both sides of beam whose face towards the floor.
Vastu For Storeroom In Home Or Storage Vastu Tips
- Place underground tank at the northeast angle or beside any other aspect.
- Place the overhead tank in the south-west (for weight) or place a small container(tank) at the northeast angle.
Architectural Vastu Remedies For Home
- Choose the land which has a square or rectangular dimension. And all corners of the area must be at 90 degrees. If the property has skewness, Vastu Purush considers as skewed. And every deity of every direction and angle considered curve. Because of the curvature of the curved god, deity’s vision also recognises curve as angry.
- Walls of the rooms must be square or rectangular on the land.
- Keep Northeast light in weight and keep south-west heavy.
- Vaastu influences all living person, even though tenant.
- According to Vastu tips of Markendaya Puran, “keep copper urn, elephant, the couple of peacock or peacock feathers, honey, mirror, and butter oil into the house for inviting, the Lakshmi – Goddess of money.”
- According to Lal Kitab, Vastu tips, “Keep a small corner in the house for raw land of sand. It has a good influence on the planet Venus which is good for the health of woman and prosperity.”
- Avoid building anything into the Center part as it is known as Brahma Kon.
- Vastu worship must be performed at the time of inauguration to prevent the evil influence of defected Vastu.