It doesn’t seem that long ago when we only had a fridge with a small freezer compartment, and we used that small freezer compartment for everything, including making ice. We filled plastic trays full of water and waited for them to freeze, then we had our ice cubes. This was often a fiddly method of filling the trays, and carefully maneuvering the filled water tray into the freezer compartment as we tried not to spill too much. With it being a small area, were limited as to the amount of ice we could make and how quickly we could make it. Freezers became larger, and that solved a bit of the problem, but a more appealing option that can be used now is to use an Ice Maker.
An Ice Maker is a portable, electrically operated device that does exactly as its name suggests, it makes ice. Ice Machines work very simply, water is added, the water is frozen, and ice is released. They don’t need to be attached to a faucet; you pour the water in.
So, why should everyone have an Ice Maker in their kitchen?
- It gives you the ability to have on-demand ice, the Ice Makers make the ice very quickly, and that can be a handy feature for impromptu guests or visitors who decided to stop by unexpectedly. You will always have ice on hand!
- They are genuinely portable; they only require a socket so that they are plugged in so they can be taken away with you on trips or they can be used in your garden for steady delivery of ice in the summer months.
- They look the part, they are exciting gadgets and make for a talking point.
- They keep you regularly supplied with ice from a unit which does not take up very much counter space and therefore can be placed at various points in your kitchen.
- Ice Makers come in different colors; there should be a color to match the color of your existing appliances.
- If you purchase a good model, your Ice Make should continue to produce ice for you for many years.
- An Ice Maker requires little maintenance. You will have to clean it according to the manufacturer’s instructions, but that usually involves merely adding a cleaner to the ice making cycle.
- Your Ice Maker should give you a choice between different size cubes; different people have different preferences when it comes to ice, some like crushed ice, some like small cubes and some like crescent-shaped ice. Check that the Ice Maker you are going to purchase will give you your desired shape of ice.
As with all purchases, it is essential that you buy the best quality that you can afford. Not all Ice Makers are equal. So, check the size of Ice Maker that you can comfortably accommodate, making sure that you leave a clearance space around the outside of it to allow the machine space to work optimally. Check a wide range of reviews and information through the following resource: https://www.toptenwater.com