For NRIs (Non-Residential Indians) who live so far away from their homeland and have been living abroad with lots of memories of their own country, city, birthplace, and family get-to-gathers, returning to India often becomes an important decision. Anytime is a good time for NRIs to return to their homes in India. What can be better if the city is Kolkata! As rightly known as the ‘city of joy,’ Kolkata has always been a city full of contrasts; on the one hand, there are luxury, comfort and bustling business prospects for the rich and successful, and on the other hand, there is poverty, unfulfilled necessities of people. Still, even then, when you land up in the city, there is different energy altogether in the atmosphere of Kolkata. This is a city with multiple facets, and it will never cease to surprise you if you are an NRI. For NRIs, visiting Kolkata means the shower of unforgettable experiences and fun moments that you often crave for when you are abroad.
Some Of The Most Beautiful Facts About Kolkata Are:
- Kolkata is the capital city of the state of West Bengal and plays a key role as the educational, cultural, and financial center of eastern India.
- The city, situated on the eastern banks of the Hooghly River, is also the abode of the country’s oldest as well as primary trading port.
- Kolkata is the third most densely populated Indian city, and the majority of its inhabitants are Bengalis. However, there are communities of Anglo-Indian, Armenian, Chinese, Greek, and Persian ex-pats.
- Although Kolkata experiences a typical tropical climate, yet the best time to visit the city is October to March as it is quite pleasant during this time.
- In recent years, there has been significant growth in various industrial sectors in Kolkata but still a long way to go to match up with other Indian cities like Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, etc.
- Educational and employment opportunities have steadily improved, and progress is good.
- The prices of Kolkata’s land are much lower as compared to other cities in India. This is a reason that Kolkata is seen as a good investment opportunity by many NRIs. With overall economic development, the prices are sure to increase shortly. Presently, it is quite a good time for NRIs to invest in the real estate sector, as this would make them earn a substantial return.
Real Estate in Kolkata
Right after gold, the real estate sector in Kolkata is one that has assured returns on investment. The city has contrasting offerings from affordable apartments to luxurious villas and bungalows. Thus NRIs can select their dream space from the wide range of housing options available in the city of joy. Various favorable factors such as low land prices, affordable luxury homes, effective connectivity throughout the city, increasing job opportunities, and many more have attracted investors from the city and also overseas.
Most of the NRIs are interested in investing in residential properties in Kolkata for either moving-in with families or perceiving it as a re-investment opportunity. They often buy 2 BHK flats in Kolkata and let out to locals for earning good returns since they cannot return to India. On the other hand, those NRIs who visit India occasionally for work purposes or a leisurely visit often look for flat for rent in Kolkata. NRI investments in Kolkata have significantly increased consistently in the past few years. NRIs have an inherent attachment to this city where they belong to, and many of them want to return to Kolkata.
For NRIs, finding a flat for rent in Kolkata has become extremely convenient and hassle-free with the use of the website housing.com. This website has been gaining increased popularity amongst NRIs as they find it so useful in searching for flats, apartments, and houses for buying or renting purposes. Since years, this website is being used not only by locals but the NRIs in looking for 2 BHK flats in Kolkata or any other city in India. When they start looking for 2 BHK flats in Kolkata through housing.com, many questions come in their mind like the cost of the property, ownership, appropriate locations, connectivity, type of property, etc. All these questions are well-answered when you search properties through housing.com.
Housing.com provides NRIs with acute details about every property that is reflected in the search results on their websites, as mentioned below:
- NRIs often feel amazed to see that the website has adequate filters for searching properties, such as if the properties are RERA (Real Estate regulatory Act 2016) compliant or not. This acts as a guarantee for the NRIs that if the property is RERA compliant, then there can be no chance of any fraud or scam regarding the property.
- Filters like that of the number of BHK’s, 1RK (Room Kitchen), bungalows, etc. options are available on the website.
- The website shows the price range for each property listed on the website, and also one can check whether the property is a new project or is a resale property and for buying or renting purposes.
- There are various options regarding the available flat, like whether it is an Apartment, Independent House, Independent Floor, Plot, Studio, Duplex, Penthouse, or Villa.
- Some of the other amazing options like whether the property is ready to move or under construction.
- Options like ‘listed by’ owner, developer, or agent are quite useful for NRIs to know about the genuineness of the properties.
- Other options such as the age of the property, possession date, and
- The direction the property faces could be set as filters on the website.
The website housing.com also provides a personalized listing for every user as they list the properties not only according to the price of the property but also accumulates data regarding preferred landmarks and locations in a preferred city, locality-based price range, listing decay, and also the lifestyle of the owner.