If you’ve got a renovation budget to burn and want to make your home more comfortable, beautiful, and luxurious, then your bathrooms need to be on the “to do” list. Bathrooms are small regarding square footage, but huge in style and appeal. If you are thinking about selling your home, the bathrooms (particularly the master) will likely be among the most important rooms in the home to potential buyers. Indeed, the master bathroom is second only to the kitchen on the list of rooms that sell homes.
Resale draw and overall real estate value are just two of the many reasons to renovate the bathrooms in your home. Below, we’ve outlined a few of the other reasons that you might take the plunge and formulate a plan for house-wide bathroom renovation work.
- You Entertain On A Regular Basis: Do you tend to host guests on a regular basis? Maybe you are located near a major airport, and friends and family members tend to ask to stay at your house before flying out the next morning. Or maybe your house has simply been declared the best spot for family gatherings and reunions of your old college friend group. Either way, if you entertain frequently, you likely want to make a good impression on your guests. Beautiful bathrooms will make your visitors feel like they are on vacation.
- Your Existing Bathrooms Are Falling Into Disrepair: The tiles are loose. The sink is discolored and ugly. The shower leaks. The toilet makes weird grinding noises every time you flush it. There’s a hole in the drywall from that time your uncle slipped in the shower and put his hand through Whatever the issue, bathrooms do tend to fall into disrepair on a long enough timeline. A bathroom renovation is a perfect opportunity to fix up all the issues in your bathroom so that you can go into the room without cringing.
- You Want To Enjoy The Finer Things In Life: A master bathroom should be a place where you can wind down at the end of a hard day and enjoy a few creature comforts. If you’ve always wanted a big Jacuzzi tub or a custom tile shower, now is the time to build it. Or perhaps you want a sink station where it’s easier to shave (for the guys) or put on makeup before a date (for the ladies). A custom-built master bathroom can provide all those finer things that you’ve always wanted—from the bigger tub or shower to the full-length mirror and the “his and hers” sinks.
- You Are Updating Everything: Let’s say you just bought an older or cheaper home with the goal of doing a full renovation. Don’t forget the bathrooms! If you are modernizing an older or more run-down property, then the bathroom (along with the kitchen) is the perfect place to add modern and luxurious touches. From gleaming counters and flooring to innovative and high-quality fixtures, a bathroom renovation can take an old and tired looking space and make it look fabulous.
- Your Bathroom Is Too Small: As your family grows, you are going to need more bathroom space. If you have three kids sharing the same bathroom and all complaining about not having enough room to keep their stuff, then a bathroom renovation is a must. A bathroom redesign can help you make better use of the space—whether that means tearing out the bathtub for a more compact shower or implementing a clever cabinet design that uses space you didn’t even know you had.
Whether you are renovating your bathroom for a purely aesthetic purpose, or if you want to add value to your home, try to have a fleshed out plan of what you want to accomplish. There are a lot of different directions you can take with a bathroom renovation, so at least having an idea of what types of fixtures, colors, styles, and flooring you like will help simplify the planning process significantly. Finding a contractor or company that will help you get a new bathroom on a budget will also contribute to make the process easier.