If you are always worried about cleaning tiles and grouts, you are certainly not alone. It is one of the most common pain points among homeowners. Cleaning dirty grouts and tiles can be a tiresome experience, especially when you do not know the technique to clean them. So, do you want to know a secret for ultra clean tile cleaning? Well, it has something to do with clean grout. While tiles may resist dirt and stains, grout is usually porous, so it quickly absorbs dirt. Therefore, while cleaning tiles, you must always focus on cleaning grout.
Systematic Procedure To Clean Tiles And Grout:
To begin with, use some hot water to remove the surface dirt, and then you can either use a homemade cleaning solution or get one from the store. You can easily prepare a homemade solution by making a 50-50 blend of vinegar and water. Spray the solution on the tile and leave it untouched for a few minutes. After that, scrub it with a soft brush.
You can consider using a toothbrush to clean the tile and grout. Avoid using any metal brush, as it may have an adverse effect on the flooring. After properly scrubbing the tile, rinse it with hot water. To clean stubborn stains, you can make a blend of baking soda and water. Apply this paste on the tile and leave it on the tile overnight, and then gently scrub it with hot water. After cleaning the grout, rinse it again with hot water. You must make sure to mop the floor after cleaning the tiles. It will ensure an ultra clean tile cleaning. Remember to avoid using the same water again, as it can make your tile dirty.
Things To Remember While Cleaning Tiles And Grout:
- Since you are going to use a cleaning solution, you should wear old clothes. Often, such homemade cleaning leaves white spots on the clothing, and sadly, it is challenging to remove these stains.
- You should wear either wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from the solution. Also, you should wear safety glasses to protect your eyes.
- You should clean the tiles only once a week, as repeated usage of a cleaning solution can damage the flooring.
- If you have a porous tile, then you should consider using a relatively less acidic cleaning solution. Vinegar can leave dark stains on your flooring.
- Using soft scrubs is recommended for cleaning the grout, but if you do not have a scrub, then you can even consider using the sandpaper for removing stains from your tile.
Tile And Grout Maintenance:
Maintenance is one of the key factors for ensuring ultra clean tile cleaning. You have to spend a few minutes each week to drastically reduce dirt and grime buildup. Since moisture is primarily responsible for dirty tiles, you should ensure that the tile is always dry. By doing this simple activity, you can save yourself from hours of scrubbing the tiles.
Cleaning grout and tile is not rocket science, but without proper knowledge, even the most uncomplicated stains can be an extremely strenuous experience. Before you start with your cleaning endeavor, spend some time thoroughly reading about the process of cleaning grout and tile.