Most people are said to prefer moving from their homes over the weekend, and this estimation comes from general information about removals in Oxford or the UK. The weekend is the better choice because they can be settled into their new places by Monday morning and by settled we mean no longer needing the services of the removal company. One would think that it is perfectly easy to have a confirmed removal booking a week before the date that you need to move, but it’s not easy as you would like it to be.
Booking Your Removal Date
Removals in Oxford is generally booked once you have contacted the utility company, post off, and the bank. It wouldn’t make sense to do it otherwise because it will create unwanted complications with your mail or other delivery services once you have moved. And bookings would usually need to be done two weeks in advance, with some companies requiring a booking 30-days in advance. Once you have done that, you can confirm an appointment with an available removal company bearing in mind that if you are using a very well-known company that you might need to book further in advance than the standard two weeks. Remember to have your booking sent to you via email or if you are heading into the company’s offices to ask for a copy of the booking. Signing the slip and returning it to the company confirms your appointment for the specific date and almost acts as a bit of insurance if you were asked to pay a deposit and there is an issue with the appointment.
A Day Or Two Before Your Moving Appointment
Now that your appointment is set and ready to happen, you might want to fine-tune a few details. These checkpoints make all removals in Oxford go according to plan.
- Call the removal company 24hrs before the time to confirm details.
- Make sure that you have enough essentials for a few days because everything will still be packed away and hard to access.
- Make sure you have the keys to the new place.
- Clean out all essential appliances like the refrigerator and freezer. Defrost the freezer and leave it to air dry.
- Double-check that your boxes aren’t too heavy and that all the fragile items have the correct labels on them.
- Check that there is enough space for the removal trucks to park.
Moving is never easy; you can save time and money simply by booking on time, choosing the correct removal company, and making sure that you have everything ticked off from your checklist well in advance and in time for your removal day. Be sure to contact Move-in Matters for any information you might need about your next big move.