Choosing the right Mattress for your Baby comes in as one of the significant responsibilities of being parents. Your Baby is going to experience his/her initial years of sleep on that Mattress. Thus don’t take this decision in a hurry.
While Picking a mattress for your baby, safety and comfort are the top priorities. You don’t want your Baby to feel uneasy while sleeping. Therefore you must choose the best Mattress for your Baby. It can be an overwhelming experience to choose a perfect bed with tons of information to remember.
The Original plush 10 inch mattress in a box started it all. It’s the most loved and trusted medium firmness mattress. Loved by side sleepers for their improved pressure relief on hips/shoulders and top-rated by experts for back and stomach sleepers for their supportive feel.
Check Out The Available Material Of The Mattress
There are two types of Mattress available for your Baby, and they are Foam and Innerspring.
Foam Mattress for Baby – This is an inexpensive option and comes in customized shape and size as per your desire. There is a standard thickness for the baby mattress that states it should not be thicker than 6 inches.
Spring Mattress for Baby – This Mattress is steel coiled with the forms and fabric for a softer feel. These are more durable and heavier. The number of coils gives more extended durability and firmness. Make your pick as per the size of the Mattress.
Organic options are also blooming in the mattress market. The primary material can still be foam or innerspring. Natural or organic materials are involved in the making of Organic mattresses. There are plenty of options available like Organic cotton, Wool, Coconut fibers, Food-grade polymers, Plant-based foam, and Natural Latex. These are a little expensive Mattress compared to the other two.
Points To Take Care While Buying A Mattress For The Baby
- Pick Only New Mattress – Second hand or used Mattress is never an excellent choice for your Baby. There is a chance of bacterial infection and improper firmness. Hence consider buying a fresh new mattress.
- Size Matters – If you are buying for the Crib or bed, make sure the fit is exact and there is no extra gap between the sides and Mattress.
- Weight – Foam mattress is lightweight, wherein the inner springs are heavier comparatively. Make sure to check properly if the bed is appropriately weighting as per its consistent materials.
- Mattress Cover – A baby mattress has a high chance of getting wet; therefore, consider a breathable waterproof or eco-friendly cotton cover for the bed. To protect the bed from inevitable accidents and spills, a washable cover is the best choice.
- Venting – There is a mattress with in-build vents to allow smooth airflow when Baby rolls on its stomach and sleeps. These will help your baby sleep calmly without waking up and facing breath troubles.
- Double Side Mattress – It is wise to pick a mattress that can be used double-sided. One side firm for infants and the other side is softer for toddlers. It can be used as your child develops with time.
- Check The Valid Certification – You should be looking for a certified Mattress that meets the safety standards set by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission and the American Society for Testing and Materials. Some of the trustworthy certifications are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification, Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), and GREENGUARD Certification.
These are the most important factors to consider before buying a mattress for your Baby. Unlike adults, baby sleep is too delicate and easily affected. A cozy, comfy, and warm bed can make your Baby’s sleep so much better. To know more about the Mattress facts, and This is a great way to stay updated with the latest Mattress and sleep world trends.