An Ob-Gyn or obstetrician-gynecologist is a medical health professional that focuses on the health of the female’s reproductive organ. We make use of top-notch technology and proven procedures to provide you with the treatment at mountain view ob gyn options you need.
We have both certified physicians and nurses that will help you through the process. These types of procedures can make women feel anxious. However, we have experience in this aspect so that you will feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible.
What Can Our Ob-Gyn Physicians Help You?
Ob Gyns specialized in both obstetrics and gynecology. For this reason, they can perform a large variety of procedures such as:
- Cesarean sections (when the baby can be delivered traditionally)
- Childbirth instrumental deliveries
- Hysterectomy (the process of removing the uterus of a woman for reasons such as pain, bleeding, and others)
- Removing ovarian cysts (Sacs that are full of fluid and contain ovaries in them)
- Removing uterine fibroids (they usually appear during the childbearing period and can be considered as non-cancerous growths)
- Removing abnormal growths in general
- Surgery to restore pelvic organs after injuries
- Tests for cervical cancer such as pap smears
- STI tests (they test if you have sexually transmitted infections and the test is free of pain and quick)
- Egg retrievals, egg-freezing, and other fertility treatments
- Pregnancy monitoring and pelvic organ checking with pelvic ultrasounds
- Infertility counseling and treatments
- Urinary issues management (such as incontinence and infections related to the urinary tract)
- Breast cancer screenings, mammograms, and other breast health management and exams.
- Ob services
- Depression treatment
- sterilization including tubal ligation
- prenatal care
- Delivery and care of those considered high-risk pregnancies
The scope of the field of an Ob-Gyn medical practitioner is large. Blood work, referring patients to other specialists, giving prescriptions for common illnesses, and screening mental health disorders are some of them. Our specialists have experience in maternal-fetal medicine, reproductive endocrinology, gynecology oncology, reconstructive pelvic surgery.
It is recommended that your first visit as a female to an Ob-Gyn doctor be done between the ages of 13 to 15, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. The same institution suggests women visit their Ob-Gyn health provider at least once a year. However, this can change depending on a variety of factors such as risk factors, age, and specific lifestyle. When a woman becomes first sexually active or turns 21, she should have the first pap test or pelvic exam completed.
Some of the reasons why women should visit an Ob-Gyn physician include pain during sex, pregnancy, STD testing, suspected miscarriage, infertility issues, and others.
As you have seen, Ob-Gyn professionals specialize in both obstetrics and gynecology. When choosing your Ob-Gyn services provider, make sure you conveniently located in Mountain View, listen to you, and are respectful and cares about your needs and answers your questions. Please call us or contact us by email in case you have Ob-Gyn needs.