Dogs are the most adorable creatures on earth. They wiggle, waggle, and enter your life. Man’s friend since the Neolithic period, dogs are not just lovable, but they also protect homes and even country borders. If you are a dog person, you know these little paw friends can create a mess.
So, be ready to get your heartbroken if they ruin your expensive solid wooden flooring. Your only other option is to choose the flooring that is dog-proof so that both you and your pet pal can live happily ever after.
Here are some of the best flooring for dogs available:
- Vinyl flooring is the best thing you can get if you don’t want your dog to ruin your flooring. Vinyl floors are scratch-resistant, water-proof, and stain-resistant. They are also easy to clean and have a wooden finish.
- Cork flooring is a variant of wood, so it is not scratch-proof. But, the material is most suited for your dog. They are also anti-microbial, and you can say goodbye to allergens.
- Bamboo flooring is an alternative for those hell-bent on wooden flooring but do not want to waste a fortune on flooring that is not at all suitable for dogs. These are eco-friendly materials, and they are prone to scratch and moisture. So if you have a potty-trained dog, then bamboo floorings are ideal for you.
- Laminate has a wooden finish and is also stain-resistant. Since the floorings are durable, you can trust them to bear your dog’s hustling around for years. They don’t show scratch marks either.
- Tiles are another great choice for your dogs. These are easy to clean, and you can use a vacuum cleaner to remove the fur and dirt accumulated. They are also water-proof, so you don’t have to fear moisture damaging the floor.
- Oak has a 1300 Janka rating, which means it is quite solid. You can choose red oak or white oak – the choice is yours. It is easily accessible and is quite sturdy too.
Now that you are aware of the type of ideal floorings choose a good flooring retailer.
Floorings To Avoid If You Have A Dog:
- Solid wood flooring is one the most obvious ones to avoid. They can get damaged by puppy pee, scratches, etc. But if you still wish to go for wood, you can get an engineered flooring.
- The carpet might be cozy for your little pal, but the fur will get clogged into the flooring, which will make it very difficult to clean. The carpet will also store ticks on your dog, making it very unhealthy for dogs and humans.
How To Maintain Pet-Friendly Floorings?
Floorings are prone to accidents if you have a pet. Please remember that dogs do not have a sense of right or wrong. They might pee on the floor and cause accidental spills. Instead of scolding the little one, you must consider investing in pet-friendly flooring.
Besides this, you need to keep an eye on the dog and act fast if it accidentally urinates or defecates on the floor.
Also, try to sweep the floor every day to remove dirt and fur.
In case of accidents, clean immediately to remove the stain, else it might leave an impression on the floor.
Additionally, keep a carpet under the food and water bowl so that it can collect the spillovers.
If you are a dog person, you know the comfort and love the little one can give. But having a dog is a big responsibility, and you need to home and surroundings suitable for both you and the dog to co-habit.
So, if you choose dog-proof flooring, it would make things easier for you and your furry friend.