Wood has always been a preferred choice for flooring in western countries. And recently, this trend has gained significant popularity in Indian markets as well. Wooden floors can lend an effortlessly classic and polished look to your interiors. So, here are some hot new trends in wooden flooring that you can use in your home.
Wooden flooring has always been a popular choice for homeowners. While many varieties are available, the major choice that you’ll face here is whether to go with hardwood flooring or engineered wooden flooring.
Hardwood floorings use solid wood planks and thus are quite costly. But despite the high cost, this flooring option is extremely susceptible to moisture and requires high maintenance as well. But if you love everything classic, this is your obvious choice.
Engineered wooden flooring, on the other hand, is made with layers of wood and plywood. The top layer being the veneer of the desired wood, it uses plywood and unfinished white woods underneath. Available at a comparatively affordable rate, this flooring option shows better resistance to moisture.
No matter which flooring option you want to go ahead with, here are some latest trends in wooden flooring that you can use in your dream home:
- Rustic Flooring: This style is now hugely popular. The woods used in this style are treated to look unpolished, giving an impression of a simple rustic household.
- Herringbone Flooring: It is another classic style in wooden flooring. The wood planks in this style are arranged in a criss-cross position to create a great texture. Although you can use the same coloured woods to create this style, two different coloured kinds of wood will create a more intricate design.
- Dark Hardwood Wooden Flooring: Though a little costly option, this wooden flooring can defeat any other by its sheer beauty. Mostly made of walnut or oak, these wood planks are stained in a dark and ebony colour to give a glossy look. This wooden flooring price in Delhi will be on the higher side, so it can be a good idea to check more than one store for a competitive rate.
- Natural Wooden Flooring: In this style, the natural texture of the woods are retained and not changed in any way. Amazingly stylish, this is one of the simplest and popular trends in wooden flooring.
- Satin Finish Wooden Flooring: With semi-glossy upper coat, this style of flooring spells sophistication and gives your home that ultra-glam appeal. The overcoats are usually durable, and with proper maintenance, the gloss can last for years.
- White Wash Wooden Flooring: A hot trend in the 80s and 90s, whitewash wooden flooring has recently made a comeback. Being white, the floor reflects a lot of light and can make the room look brighter. Though a tad is costlier than the other options, the unique style and appeal are worth it.
- Grey Wooden Flooring: Grey floorings are hot picks this year. Sophisticated and neutral, these floors lend a nice backdrop to showcases your vibrant decors. A range of grey hues is available in the market to choose from.
So, these are the seven wooden flooring trends that are in vogue today. So, take your pick and create your perfect dream home.