Area rugs add comfort and warmth to their environment. They provide decorative interest in your rooms with color, pattern, and texture features. With an area rug, you can go from classic to contemporary, from traditional to modern in your room. There are many types of area rugs that you can choose according to the atmosphere you want to create. This article will talk about jute rugs made of durable and environmentally friendly materials, highly preferred in homes with timelessness and reasonable price.
What Is Jute Rug?
A jute rug is made from natural fibers obtained from the jute plant located in Asia. Jute is a plant that produces renewable fibers that do not harm the environment, so if you are designing an eco-friendly home, jute area rugs are for you. It is also one of the most affordable plant fibers and is highly durable. You can use it comfortably in your home for many years, thanks to its durability. It’s time to create an environmentally friendly decorative accent in rooms with natural colors and appearance.
Types Of Jute Rugs
There are jute rugs in different shapes and sizes to choose from for your rooms. Some of those; are round jute rugs, rectangular jute rugs, runner jute rugs, etc.
Advantages Of Jute Rugs
- Eco-Friendly: Jute rugs woven from the jute plant, which is a natural fiber, are environmentally friendly. It takes only 120 days for the plant to grow from seed to maturity; they hardly need fertilizers and pesticides. In addition, jute area carpets can be recycled.
- Durability: Jute rugs are durable; you can use them in high-traffic areas; they are the best option if children and pets are running around.
- Price: Jute rugs are cheaper than many other rugs.
- Jute rug colors: Jute rugs have a natural color, but they can be easily dyed in the desired color tone and pattern.
- Texture: 100% natural jute rugs can be a little rough. Some jute rugs include wool materials, making the carpet have a softer texture.
- Are Jute Rugs Soft: Jute area rug is one of the softest natural fibers. If you have children and pets who love to play and sleep on the floor, they will love this soft and thick rug. Also, if you like to walk around the house barefoot, you’ll find that walking on jute rugs is super comfortable.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Jute rugs require almost no special care and can be easily vacuumed or spot clean when cleaning is needed.
- Noise Insulation: Jute rugs reduce sound and isolate noise in your home. Your children and animals can efficiently run and play at home.
Disadvantages Of Jute Rugs
- Shedding: Whether “do jute rugs shed” is one of the most frequently asked questions, and the answer is yes. One of the most significant disadvantages of jute carpets is shedding; newly purchased jute rugs are more prone to shedding. But we have to say that these spills will not cause you big problems. Spills are usually under the rug, and you can easily clean them by vacuuming.
Tip: You can take a rug pad and place it under the jute rug, thus preventing surface friction and minimizing spills!
- Not Resistant To Moisture: Because jute area rugs are a natural fiber, they are absorbent and not water-resistant. Therefore, avoid placing your jute area rugs in damp places and getting them wet while cleaning. If you leave your jute rug damp, bacteria can grow and mold. We must say that using jute rugs, especially in bathrooms and outdoors, is not a good idea.
- Odor: Jute rugs odor when left damp or not cleaned well due to accumulated dirt. Jute rugs tend to retain odors.
(Antep Rugs Inc – Natural Multicolor Jute Rug)
How To Care For Jute Rugs?
As with all rugs, regular maintenance is of great importance in jute rugs. If you want to use your jute area rugs for many years, you need to know how to care for and clean. We often hear the question “Are Jute Rugs Easy to Clean,” so we would like to give you the answers to this question in detail in this section. Here are the cleaning and care tips for jute rugs.
How To Clean Jute Rugs
Jute rugs are easier to clean and maintain than other rugs. The vacuum will be enough; generally, they don’t need extra care and cleaning materials.
- Shake It Out: Living room jute rugs may spill and dust more – because of high traffic areas. By shaking your rugs regularly, you can quickly eliminate all the dirt and dust embedded in the fibers. We recommend shaking it every two weeks.
- Vacuum: The easiest and most important way to clean the rug from dust and dirt and clean the spilled fibers is to vacuum. We recommend that you vacuum the top and bottom of your jute rugs at least once a week.
- Spot Clean: To prevent permanent staining of your Jute rugs, clean it immediately when something spills on them. If something liquid has been spilled, use a clean cloth and warm water to wipe it off immediately. Avoid rubbing, as this will push the stain deep into the rug! If something solid has been spilled, first remove solid material with the back of a spoon or a knife. Then clean it again with water and cloth. You can remove acidic stains (such as wine) using club soda.
- Dry: Do not use too much water when cleaning your jute rug; as we have mentioned in the disadvantages of jute rugs – above – jute rugs are not resistant to water. Rugs may deteriorate in appearance and may become moldy if not dried. If you get your rug wet, make sure to dry it quickly. If the weather is sunny, you can dry your rug by keeping it in the sun. The sun also helps kill bacteria on rugs.
- Professional Cleaning: To preserve the appearance of natural fiber area rugs, we recommend that you get a professional cleaning service, especially for cleaning stubborn stains. Professionals clean your jute rugs without damaging the natural fibers and easily remove even the most stubborn stains. They can also prevent the formation of odor and ensure that the natural color of your rug is preserved. Get a professional cleaning service to use your Jute rug for many years!
This article talked about jute carpets, their advantages, disadvantages, and cleaning methods. In summary, jute rugs are eco-friendly. They are softer and more durable than similar sisal rugs. Jute carpet is easy to maintain and clean. It fits perfectly into various decorative styles and can be integrated. Due to all these beautiful features, jute carpets are highly preferred. Use environmentally friendly products in your home, and check out Antep Rugs’ jute area rugs now!