Home appliances are well-thought investments of homeowners because buying them took careful research and testing one’s decision-making skills. Of course, you want something aesthetically appealing and functional at the same time, so you can finish household chores fast and easy.
From family entertainment and doing schoolwork, to meal preparation, cleaning, and laundry work, you can always rely on durable and efficient-to-use appliances. So how do you pick the right appliances that will improve your home’s overall look without compromising their function, features, and benefits?
In this post, you’ll learn the best ways to select the best home appliances for a more beautiful home and convenient daily living.
Modern Appliances For A Lovely Kitchen
Remodeling your kitchen should include buying new kitchen appliances. Of course, it’s a good idea to find something modern for a classy and bold kitchen look, while it is energy-efficient at the same time. When we asked HomeGrounds.co, choosing the best coffee maker, like Mr. Coffee (4 cups), Coffee Maker, won’t take so much space in your kitchen, which adds to a classy kitchen look.
A classic pour-over coffee maker is a great addition in any kitchen because it’s stylish and functional at the same time. Watch this video to learn more.
Large TV for Your Living Room
Having a large TV can give your living room an elegant and classy look. However, if your space is limited, you might end up sitting too close on a massive screen that can make your living room look smaller, in addition to causing eye strain. This means that you should not just buy the largest TV that you can find, but buy one that is just the right size for your living room.
Choosing the right TV size can be done by dividing the viewing distance in inches by three. Let’s look at an example where you will be sitting 15 feet away from your TV. This distance is equivalent to 180 inches. Divide it by 3, and you’ll get 60 inches. This means a 60-inch TV would be the perfect size for your living room.
Here are some tips when installing a television to preserve or even enhance the look of your living room:
- Proper TV Placement: Avoid placing your television in the corner of your living room. Also, don’t allow the TV to interfere with artwork or any other home décor. You can mount your TV using brackets on the wall, but don’t put it on top of any furniture because there’s a risk of it falling.
- Window Treatments to Reduce Glare: If you have several windows in your living room, the simplest solution is installing window treatments, such as draperies with liners and opaque drapes to help remove TV glare on a sunny living room. It isn’t very easy to choose the perfect location for any room with multiple windows. That’s why choosing the right window treatments following the room’s design scheme is important, such as selecting woven wood or Roman shades.
Make A Fridge Statement
In a home kitchen, you can make a statement by working on your refrigerator. For instance, a retro fridge can add a striking accent to your modern kitchen. Retro fridges have vibrant colors and stylish look, making your kitchen very attractive, while also creating a beautiful combination of old and new. These kinds of retro appliances and open shelves are very useful in enhancing the overall look of your kitchen as they set a warm atmosphere inside it.
When it comes to kitchen remodeling, you can make a refrigerator look built-in for a clean, sleek, and bolder look. A true built-in refrigerator is not budget-friendly, but if you want to achieve this look, you can always do some tricks.
Here are some tips and tricks to make a built-in looking fridge for a modern and sleek kitchen statement:
- Choose Regular Freestanding Fridge: This refrigerator type comes in different configurations, including top-freezer, side-by-side, bottom-freezer, and French-door versions. While these refrigerators don’t come with surrounding countertops, you can add trim to the front so you can integrate them with your kitchen cabinetry.
- Cabinetry Work: Surround your refrigerator with matching panels or cabinets to cover the sides and the top. Pick a trim kit or a finish for your fridge that matches your cabinetry for a perfect look.
- Use of Space: Achieving a built-in look for your refrigerator is possible by using space from the other room close to your kitchens, such as your stock room or laundry area. It will help build a recessed alcove for your freestanding refrigerator. Although you’ll lose some space in the other room, you’ll make your kitchen space more efficient, which is one of the most important rooms in your house.
Choose Fancy Burner Grates
A gas range can be a pricey investment. You can buy a new one with more advanced features such as a timer and programmable settings that you can integrate with your smart home system. If you’re on a budget, however, you can replace old burner grates with new ones. You can find fancy burner grates sold online in cool, geometric designs, turning your stovetop into an excellent work of art.
You can also make your gas range built-in for a sleek and modern look in the same way as to how to make a refrigerator look built-in. Leaving it as a standalone without too much drama is also a good idea. The mere presence of a gas range makes your lovely kitchen more functional and useful. Choosing silver and black colors for a gas range gives your small kitchen the unmatched elegance that it needs.
Whether you want to save more space by making your living room look bigger or making your kitchen more efficient, it’s important to consider choosing the right appliances to improve the overall aesthetics of your home. Proper placement of your TV with the right size will make viewing more comfortable and enhance the appeal of your living room space.
On the other hand, remodeling your kitchen to make your fridge and gas range look built-in can give it a sleek and elegant look. Investing in modern kitchen appliances, such as a coffee maker and a gas range, ensures advanced features and more benefits for faster coffee and meal preparation.