Gone are the days when kitchens were these boring rooms, full of various dishes, appliances, and without a style. Today, kitchen design is a whole new area or a branch in the design world. People are spending more time in their kitchen, and it became more than the room just for preparing food and eating.
Open concept kitchens are also trendy, so people started paying more attention to how their kitchen looks, if everything matches, materials, and colors that can spice it up, etc. Metal elements and pieces of decor already gave charm to our living rooms, front doors, so why not let them into our kitchens too?
Trending Metal Accents
When you open pretty much any interior design magazine, you will be overwhelmed by the number of metal design ideas for home. If you want your kitchen look contemporary and classy, we suggest playing it safe with copper and bronze-toned metals; they can go well with the rest of your appliances and dishes. Copper and bronze come in many warm and beautiful shades, and they will complement any neutral interior and bring it back to life.
Ideas For Stylish Metal Kitchen
Here are some of our recommendations that will quickly transform your kitchen design by adding some pop of metal to it.
- Start by changing cabinet handles; find some vintage bronze ones. If you do not have old cabinet handles, you do not have to go to antique shops because you can find some look-alikes in almost every home store. Additionally, hang a few metal ornaments around to see if you are feeling it.
- If you are bolder and you like to play with design, you can even place metal bronze tiles over the entire wall or behind shelves. The tiles come in various pattern designs and also with texture. If you are not sure about it, find wallpapers that mimic the shimmering effect of the metal.
- Look for dishes that are in warm, bronze tones; they should look a bit rustic and old. Pans, pots, mugs, and even spoons, knives and forks, it can all be found in metal. And if you hang them on the wall in a specific rhythm, you can get one functional and aesthetically pleasing design.
- Pick modern hanging lamps with copper or brass elements; you can even combine a few of them in different sizes and hang them above the aisle, countertop, dining table, whatever you have. Use one of Edison style bulbs, they will make the color of the metal stand out even more, and overall you will get a warm and modern touch to your kitchen area.
- If you are looking to buy brand new kitchen appliances, you can get an oven, fridge, microwave, or a dishwasher in these tones and line them up to create one sleek and beautiful looking kitchen.
The Bottom Line
If you think that shiny metal elements are too much for your neat beige kitchen, give them a chance by incorporating some small metal details. Use metal lids for spice jars, or hang an inspiring quote written in metal. There are so many options available to play with when it comes to metal and design, and this is one of those interior designing trends we do not want to see fading.