The biggest challenge for me isn’t studying but finding a comfortable place that does not distract me much and keeping my study mode on for hours. Not just me, this is the case for all students. All students are sailing in the same ship fighting high tides of distractions, laziness, lack of motivation, to be named a few. But there is a solution to any problem. So here I am with the answer on how you can sail higher and higher without caring about these tides.
Start by building your little ship. By ship, I mean to say is that you can create your own little space for studying. In this blog, I will help you design the most comfortable, entertaining, and beautiful study room, which will make your study hours most amazing. An environment that will make you study doesn’t that sound exciting?
Let’s get started!
- Select a place- Once you assign a place as your study area, your mind will eventually adapt to it, and whenever you enter that place, you will feel like studying. As a result, you won’t have to push yourself for studying; instead, your place will itself turn your study mode on.
- Recreate the environment- Redesign your study area the way you like it. Everyone thrives in a different context. Think about what kind of environment helps you focus more and recreate that in your room. Also, keep some indoor houseplants to improve air quality.
- Don’t get too much comfortable- If you get too comfortable, you’ll probably end up sleeping. So design a place which will be convenient to study. Change your pyjamas before you start learning to signal your mind that this isn’t napped but study time.
- Let natural light get in. Natural light makes one feel refreshed and kills laziness. So if there are windows in your study area, don’t close them; let natural light find its way in. If you don’t have windows, make adjustments so natural light can find its way in.
- Don’t look directly into the light- Lights shining directly into your face can be irritating and distracting. Adjust the light source so that it does not directly strike your face. It would be great to have a light source from behind for reading purposes. Arrange the desk lamps to your chin level.
- Play soft music to avoid noises from outside- Music can put you in a good mood. So turn some soft music on in your study area. You may find so many on youtube to help you. But don’t play any music with lyrics as your mind will be distracted due to such music. So instead, play some soft plain music.
- Create a positive environment- Keep a family picture on your study table or write some good quotes that will motivate you. Remind yourself why you need to do it whenever you feel you can’t. Create a positive environment that helps you do more hard work.
- Turn off your phone- Don’t put your phone on silent mode. Turn it off or put it on airplane mode to save yourself from any distraction.