The biggest challenge for me isn’t studying but to find a comfortable place, does not distract much and keep my study mode on for hours. Not just me, this is the case for all students. All students are sailing in the same ship fighting high tides of distractions, laziness, lack of motivation to be named a few. But there is a solution to any problem. Here I am with the answer on how you can sail higher and higher without caring about these tides.
Start by building your own little ship. By ship I mean to say is that you can create your own little space for studying. In this blog, I am going to help you in designing the most comfortable, entertaining and beautiful study room which will make your study hours most amazing. An environment which will itself make you study, doesn’t that sound exciting?
Let’s get started!
- Select a place- Once you assign a place as your study area, your mind will eventually adapt to it, and whenever you enter that place, you will feel like studying. You won’t have to push yourself for studying; instead, your place will itself turn your study mode on.
- Recreate the environment- Redesign your study area the way you like it. Everyone thrives in a different context. Think about what kind of environment helps you focus more and recreate that in your room. Also, keep some indoor houseplants to improve air quality.
- Don’t get too much comfortable- If you get too comfortable, you’ll probably end up sleeping. So design a place which will be convenient to study. Change your pajamas before you start studying to signal your mind that this isn’t napped, but study time.
- Let natural light get in- Natural light makes one feel refreshed and kills laziness. So if there are windows in your study area don’t close them, let natural light find its way in. If you don’t have windows, make some adjustments that natural light can find its way in.
- Don’t look directly into the light- Lights shining directly into your face can be irritating and distracting. Adjust light source in a way that it does not directly strike your face. For reading purposes, it would be great to have a light source from behind. Arrange the desk lamps to your chin level.
- Play soft music to avoid noises from outside- Music can put you in a good mood. Turn some soft music on in your study area. You may find so many on youtube to help you. But don’t play any music which has lyrics as your mind will be distracted due to such music. Instead, play some soft plain music.
- Create a positive environment- Keep a family picture on your study table or write some good quotes that will motivate you. Remind yourself why you need to do it whenever you feel you can’t. Create a positive environment that helps you do more hard work.
- Turn off your phone- Don’t put your phone on silent mode. Turn it off or put it on airplane mode to save yourself from any kind of distraction.