The amount of rubbish produced each year is staggering, and most of it winds up in landfills. However, there are ways to recycle your rubbish that can be beneficial to the environment and cost-effective for homeowners. In this blog post, Simone Lamb of Pro Rubbish Removal Brisbane discusses some of the best ways to recycle your rubbish using smart and innovative methods. Keep reading to learn more!
Even though it is considered one of the easiest things to recycle, many people still fail to get the most out of their glass bottles.
Here are some helpful tips on how to recycle your glass bottles:
- Remove the lids from bottles; this makes them easier to separate.
- Wash all of the bottles you have before recycling. Your local council will appreciate it if they don’t have to pick up grubby rubbish.
- Break down your glass into small pieces that can be easily recycled.
- You can also take these bottles to recycling banks that are specific for glass.
Paper is another common recyclable product. Since many people use paper daily, it makes sense to recycle them rather than just throwing them away.
Here is how you can do it:
Recycle your paper by folding it in half and placing it into your recycling bin. If you are using paper that has already been printed on, make sure to remove any staples or paper clips first.
As well as keeping papers flat, remember to keep them clean. Make sure there is no food waste on the paper (such as greasy fingers) before you recycle it.
Since plastic is used on a daily basis, it’s no surprise that many people have some lying around the house. Luckily there are easy ways to recycle your plastics as well as keep our planet green.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Check with your state. Many states have specific guidelines for what types of plastic can be recycled and how it must be prepared.
- Look for recycled symbols on plastic products. The recycle symbol is a chasing arrows icon with the word “recycling” printed underneath. It usually appears on the bottom of plastic containers.
- Rinse and dry plastic containers before recycling them. This helps reduce contamination and makes the recycling process more efficient.
- Recycle all of your soft drink bottles and any plastic containers you have from food by breaking them down into small pieces.
- Even though plastic can take thousands of years to break down, it is still better for our planet if you recycle them rather than throw the bottles in the bin.
If you have a garden or outdoor space, many other things can be recycled easily.
Here are some great ways to recycle:
- One way to recycle old garden items is to use them as composting material. You can use leaves, grass clippings, food scraps, and other organic materials to create a compost pile. The compost will break down over time and provide nutrients for your plants.
- Old pots, broken down or cut in half, make perfect plant holders. They can easily be found by looking around your garden and other outside spaces you have. If you don’t want them lying around anymore, these little pots make great “seed starters” for the spring.
- If there are any trees (even if they are small) in your garden, make sure to use them as firewood. Home-made firewood is great for keeping you warm over the winter months or keeping your barbecue hot during summer barbecues!
Unfortunately, e-waste has become a big problem for our planet. Many people have computers at home that they don’t use anymore or old mobile phones that are no longer in use. Electronic waste has to be handled with great care, so make sure you know what you are doing! This type of waste isn’t hazardous, but it still needs to be handled correctly.
Here is some helpful information on how you can recycle your e-waste:
- You can drop off your e-waste at a recycling depot that specializes in it; if you don’t know where they are, search for “electronic waste disposal” on Google and look up your local council for more information.
- If you want to get rid of your e-waste quickly and easily, you can sell or give them away on sites like Gumtree or eBay. This is an easy way to make a little bit of money from what you no longer use.
- Finally, another great option is to donate your e-waste to a charity. This is a great way for them to get the equipment they need without spending any money from their budgets.
There are still many more ways to recycle and remove rubbish in a smart way than what we have listed above. However, these are a few of the most common types of rubbish people tend to have to lie around their homes. Once you start recycling your rubbish in this way, it will make a big difference for our planet and everyone’s future.