Unwanted noise in your home or office can quickly become a distraction that cuts down on your productivity or ruins a peaceful afternoon. Whether coming from an external source (like traffic) or something that’s inside your home or office (like a spouse or roommate), loud noises make it difficult to concentrate and enjoy our time.
One effective way to combat unwanted excess noise is hanging up sound dampening felt tiles in your home or office. This innovative material actually absorbs excess sound waves to promote silence and improve the acoustics in any room in your home or office. In addition, felt tiles are available in a wide variety of colors and designs, which means they’ll make your room look amazing while cutting down on excess noise.
Here, we’re taking a closer look at these sound dampening felt tiles and how they can be used to turn even the noisiest room or office into a pleasant, peaceful space. While these felt tiles don’t technically make your room soundproof, they do help absorb excess noise. Once you’ve hung up a few sound dampening felt tiles; you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
The Power Of Silence
We all appreciate silence, but do you know why? In recent years, studies have shown clear connections between silence (or at least a quieter space) and your health and happiness benefits. Here are some of the top benefits of finding a little peace and the true power of silence.
- Concentration: especially vital for the office or the new home offices many of us are working in, silence helps you concentrate. Not only can this help you get work done, but clear concentration also improves the quality of your thinking, and thus, your work and overall mood.
- Sleep: nothing compares to the restorative power of a good night’s sleep. Silence, of course, helps us fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night. Studies have proven that getting enough quality sleep has many benefits, including reducing stress, improving mood, and lowering your risk for heart disease and other serious medical conditions.
- Creativity: if you’re looking for inspiration or that creative spark, try finding a quiet place. Silence can help you tap into your inner creativity, essential for any creative endeavor like writing or painting. Tapping into your creativity can also help you on a professional level, as well.
- Improve Mental Health: excess noise can make us anxious, stressed out and make it almost impossible to relax. Quiet spaces can lower our stress levels, which is beneficial for our overall physical and mental health.
What Makes Rooms So Noisy?
Now that we can all clearly see the benefits of some quiet, let’s go to the source of the issue here. Why are our indoor spaces so noisy? It comes down to the materials of most of our walls, ceilings, doors, and windows. Most materials, such as glass or concrete, are excellent for stability but terrible at controlling sound. So when sound waves hit these surfaces, they deflect back and cause noise to linger. Not only can this become a distraction, but it also degrades the quality of the acoustics in your home.
What Are Sound Dampening Tiles?
Let’s face it. If you’re looking to make your home or office a little quieter, you’re probably not going to jump into a full-scale remodel or start tearing down walls. This isn’t practical, and it certainly isn’t cost-effective. So instead of pulling out the sledgehammers, you can take more practical steps to promote silence.
One of the most effective methods to do this is by hanging up sound dampening tiles. These tiles are made with an innovative felt material that not only looks good but can also help reduce the noise in your space. How do they do it? It’s all about the felt material. The felt has sound dampening and sound absorbing qualities, which means it can absorb a percentage of incoming sound waves. A concrete wall, for example, will deflect the sounds. With a thin layer of felt tiles on your walls instead, you’ll have a quieter (and more stylish) indoor space. What’s not to love about that?
Benefits Of Sound Dampening Tiles
In addition to absorbing excess noise, there are other benefits to these sound dampening felt tiles. Here’s a look at some of the top benefits of this amazing material:
- Better Sound Quality: hanging up felt tiles in your entertainment room or living room can improve the overall sound quality of the room and help you enjoy your favorite shows and music.
- Privacy: privacy is a hard thing to come by these days. Sound dampening tiles can help you maintain privacy in your home or office by absorbing excess sound waves.
- Hearing Health: protect your ears and hearing by cutting down on excess, unwanted noises that, over time, can cause hearing damage. Quieter places also cut down on stress and anxiety, which is beneficial for your overall health.
- Better Connections: spend more quality time with those you care about with sound dampening tiles. The better sound quality in your rooms makes it easier to connect, have a conversation, and stay focused.
Conclusion – What Are Sound Dampening Tiles?
We could all use a little more peace in our lives. Whether you’re focused on your home, office, or any other indoor space, creating a quieter area with better acoustics is beneficial for everyone to boost office productivity. Enjoy your favorite music. Make it easier to relax at home. You can do all this and more when you diminish the background noise and create a quieter space.
To reduce unwanted noise and transform the look of your home or office, consider what sound dampening tiles can do for you. These innovative felt tiles absorb excess noise, and the high-quality felt texture adds texture and warmth to your rooms. Since these felt tiles are available in so many colors, designs, and shapes, the only limit to how you can transform your space is your imagination.