Should I stamp concrete myself? Would it be a better option to stamp concrete the exterior without hiring a professional? Would I be able to manage the task without creating any issues? These are some of the questions that people ask when they have to stamp concrete the exterior, but they do not know whether they should hire an expert for the job or not. If you have the skills and time, you can easily stamp concrete the exterior yourself. Here we have everything you need to know about the process.
- Measuring tape
- Dust mask
- Push broom
- 5-gallon bucket
- Carbide-tipped tile scribe
- Shop vacuum
- Polyurethane stamp
- Diamond blade grinder
- Pressure washer
- Safety goggles
- Heavy-duty mixing drill
- Plastic squeegee
- Gauge rake
- Measuring containers
- Spray pump with a fan tip
- Heavy-duty grinder
- Paint roller
- Ultra-stone stain
- Concentrated solvent sealer
- Muriatic acid
- Painter’s tape
- Thin finish
- Texture pave
- Rubbing stone
- Release agent
Step By Step Guide
- First, you will have to clean the surface properly and assure that there is no dirt or holes left that might make it hard for you to concrete the area. Mix the concrete create a thick paste to ensure that it will settle down quickly and adequately apply the paste to the floor and using a squeegee you have to assure that entire surface is smooth and balanced. That is the only way you will get the results that you have been looking for.
- Wear protective cloth and check that the bleed water has evaporated adequately from the surface of the concrete. After that, you have to apply a layer of releasing agent on top of the concrete surface. Assure that the layer is not very thick otherwise you will not be able to get the results that you want. Spread it evenly on the surface of the concrete.
- Measure the area accurately and select the place where you would like to place your first stamp. You should know that it is the only way you can align the result of the area. Correctly place your first stamp on the concrete.
- After that, you have to lay your second stamp. Make sure that after that you create the pattern that you have wanted. You have to lightly press your stamps using your hands to assure that they will merge into the material properly and you will get the results that you have wanted in the first place. While you are stamping, confirm that all the stamps are appropriately placed and keep a little distance between all of them to assure that when the material expands, it will not affect the style of the concrete that you have created.
- Once you have laid all the stamps on the floor the next step would be the removal. You have to start with the first stamp. However, when you are removing them, you have to assure that you will not disturb any sides or corner because that is the only way you will get the best results.
- After you have removed all the stamps let it dry and assure that you will not step on it. Next morning you have to saw the expensing joints to ensure that you have got the results that you wanted in the first place.
- Use a brook to clean off all the remaining releasing agent from the surface of the concrete, use your garden hose to rinse off the rest of the product from the surface of the concrete to assure that you will get the results that you have always wanted.
- Make sure that the surface is appropriately dry because after that you will have to apply the concrete sealer. It will give you the texture and results that you have wanted in the first place. You have to assure that everything is managed professionally to get the results that you want. Avoid making any mistakes during the process.
Why It Is Better To Leave It To Professionals
You might have been wondering that when you can stamp concrete the exterior yourself why it would be a better option to hire the experts. Here we have some of the reasons to help you understand why hiring the experts will always be the best choice.
- You may not have the required tools; it means that you will have to buy the new tools. On the other hand, experts have all the required tools that make it easier for them to manage all the task correctly.
- They have the expertise in dealing with such projects. Experts will assure to complete the stamp concrete task in a limited time. You might be doing the task for the first time, which means it might take you long to concrete the exterior completely.
- A single mistake and you might have to remove the entire concrete and start once again. It will waste a lot of your time and money. On the other hand, when experts are working with you, there is no need to worry about any mistakes. Experts will provide you with the coverage that you need in case something happens.
Assure that you find the best and most reliable team of experts who can stamp concrete your exterior correctly, so you will not have to deal with any issues. Compare the cost of the services and the different packages available. Always select the one you are most comfortable with, so you can get the quality services that you want at an affordable rate. Do not forget to check the reviews and rating of the company you are planning to hire.