The official language in Dubai is Arabic. But many residents of this city also widely use English. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to get a job in this city without knowing any of these languages. You should bear in mind that you will not get a high position without knowledge of the language spoken in the country. You can only expect to get hired for unskilled, poorly paid service sector jobs such as a cleaner, maid, etc. It would be difficult even to pay for rent because apartments prices in the UAE are quite high, so having an additional income from remote work would come in useful.
Most often, male foreigners leave for Dubai to work in positions such as:
- Security guard. The salary of security guards in Dubai does not exceed 1,200 dirhams.
- On average, animators make $700-$800 a month.
- Electrical Engineer. The salary for this position ranges from 10,000 to 20,000 dirhams per month.
- Initially, a chef’s salary will not exceed $600. But if they prove themselves as successful employees, their salary could double.
- Fitness instructor.
- Chef assistant.
- Lifeguard on the beach.
- Parking attendant.
- Taxi driver. The driver’s work is paid in the amount of 2 to 3 thousand dirhams per month.
Women can find jobs in Dubai for such vacancies as:
- The salary from AED 1,500 to AED 3,000 per month.
- Secretary-assistant. Typically, a secretary’s salary ranges from AED 2,500 to AED 6,000 per month.
- Account Manager. The manager’s salary ranges from AED 9,000 to AED 12,000 per month.
- The salary is approximately $1,000 a month.
If a girl has a pleasant appearance, then she can try to find a job in one of the modeling agencies in Dubai. But it should be noted right away that there are very few chances to conquer the Arab representatives of the fashion industry.
Salaries In Dubai
This year, foreign residents working in Dubai in low-skilled positions do not receive high salaries. Thus, for example, foreign nationals do not earn more than $400 – $450 at a construction site.
Service sector employees receive an average salary in Dubai. Their monthly salary ranges from $600 to $2,000. The salary level depends on specialization and work experience. The salary consists of several components in the service sector:
- Base salary. Initially, the base salary is small; it roughly amounts to $350 to $750. This is approximately 1,100 – 2,500 dirhams.
- Service extra payment. This payment is issued at the end of the working month and ranges from $100 to $400.
- Additional payment for language knowledge. A foreign worker is monthly paid from $45 to $100 for English proficiency.
- Bonus payments for good work.
Requirements For Foreign Workers
According to Emirates. Estate, only those foreign candidates who meet the following requirements will be able to get a job in Dubai in 2021 in major international companies:
- Sufficient level of English proficiency.
- 18 to 30 years of age. If a person wants to apply for a managerial position, they must be no older than 35 years of age.
- Absence of life-threatening diseases.
- Willingness to work in Dubai for at least a year.
Buying A Home In Dubai? Emirates.estate Will Help!
If you want to buy a home in Dubai while planning to live and work in the emirate, Emirates.Estate is a one-stop real estate portal to help you find a property option that would best fit your needs. Check out its comprehensive collection of homes for sale, and feel free to reach out to its experienced team now.