Keeping your office nice and clean is vital for running a business, especially during the COVID-19 era. However, keeping up with the daily, weekly, and monthly office cleaning routine is much easier said than done. Luckily, the cleaning experts at Executive Cleaning Services are here to help.
Executive Cleaning Services, LLC specializes in first-class commercial cleaning that can transform even the shabbiest offices into respectable workspaces. Our team has created an office cleaning checklist to help company leaders keep their workspaces in tip-top shape. Continue reading to learn how to keep your office spick and span and how a clean office can boost company morale.
Company leaders don’t have to deep clean their office spaces every day. Although some things require regular cleaning, others only demand a weekly or monthly cleanse. It’s better to break down your cleaning routine into parts to keep things organized and less overwhelming.
Office And Reception Area
Office and reception areas are some of the busiest spaces in a workplace. The constant movement and heavy foot traffic can dishevel the regions rather quickly. However, you can keep your office and reception area looking its best by following the daily cleaning routine listed below.
- Clear the waste bins and replace their bags
- Vacuum and sweep the floors
- Dust office equipment and furniture (seats, computers, tables, etc.)
- Use a soaked cloth to disinfect surfaces
- Use a disinfectant to mop the floors
- Clean all the light fixtures
- Wash the glass windows and interior entrance
- Wash all dividers and surfaces
Few places need daily cleaning more than bathrooms. A sanitary washroom keeps employees feeling comfortable while promoting a healthy work environment. Executing the following daily bathroom cleaning regimen ensures your bathrooms remain in immaculate condition.
- Refill the soap and paper towel dispensers
- Replace toilet paper
- Disinfect urinals and toilets
- Clean glass mirrors and windows
- Scrub bathroom surfaces with a disinfectant
- Disinfect door handles, towel dispensers, and hand dryers
- Clean every division and faucet
- Eject watermarks
- Mop the floors
Kitchen Area Or Breakroom
Nobody wants to prepare food in a dirty kitchen, especially in a professional setting. That’s why company leaders must maintain clean office kitchens if they want to keep their employees happy and healthy. Performing the daily chores below ensures your office kitchen remains pristine.
- Empty trash cans and replace the bags
- Scrub the sinks, counters, chairs, and tables thoroughly
- Clean the kitchen appliances (the oven, coffee makers, microwave, etc.)
- Refill soap containers and towel dispensers
- Mop the floor
As stated before, some things don’t require daily cleaning to stay sanitary. Several appliances, fixtures, and surfaces only need weekly attention to look their best.
Since the weekly cleaning routine isn’t as vast as the daily office cleaning checklist, leaders don’t have to break up the tasks by room. Below are some of the essential weekly cleaning activities.
- Polish every hard floor surface
- Wash exterior glass and windows
- Deep clean and sanitize all microwaves, refrigerators, and other frequently used kitchen appliances.
- Disinfect all telephones and office consoles
- Vacuum floor mats, rugs, and carpets
- Scrub restroom and kitchen sinks and tiles
Although it’s not always easy to remember your monthly cleaning tasks, they are just as important as your daily office chores. The little details often allow a workspace to reach its full potential, improving employee morale and productivity. It also sets a professional tone that paints the business positively.
Following the monthly office cleaning checklist listed below is a surefire way to keep your workspace looking flawless.
- Vacuum office furniture and vents
- Clean all the window covers
- Disinfect and dust inconvenient and covered areas like high window frames, ceiling fans, the tops of cabinets, etc.
- Polish hardwood floors and wooden furniture
- Organize office drawers, cabinets, and wardrobes
- Throw away unnecessary files and papers
Benefits Of A Clean Work Environment
Clean office space is about more than increased visual allure. It offers numerous benefits that can help you get the most out of your business. Whether you want to boost productivity or heighten your employees’ moods, keeping a sanitary workplace can help.
Boosts Employee Morale
Studies show that a clean work environment helps keep employee morale high. It’s one of the best ways to ensure your staff stays in high spirits during the busiest of work weeks. Basic chores like cleaning the phones or taking out the trash can make all the difference for employee morale.
Keeps Staff Healthy
It’s no secret that a clean workstation lessens the spread of viruses and diseases. It also diminishes allergens, allowing employees to feel their best during a stressful workweek. Sanitizing phones, door handles, and other susceptible objects will ensure your staff stays healthy and sound.
Since fewer employees will get sick in a clean work environment, they won’t take as many sick days, allowing them to complete more work.
Leaves A Good Impression On Clients And Visitors
They always say the first impression is the most important, especially in business. Having a clean and tidy office space ensures you make a fantastic first impression on potential clients right when they walk through your establishment’s doors. It heightens the office’s professionalism while showing clients that you take your business seriously.