New room design and decor trends emerge now and then. And it’s just logical for you to spruce up your home with the latest trends. You wouldn’t want to stick with outdated styles whereas the world has long adopted new ones. From wall art, wall paint, furniture, lighting, and other fixtures, there’s a lot you can do to make your space trendy.
Here are five suggestions for your consideration:
Hanging tapestries in your home make your interiors look elegant, warm, and ambient. They also inspire a sense of cultural history. Back in the 13th and 14th centuries, the church started using tapestries to illustrate fundamental bible stories to their congregations. From then on, tapestries evolved into status symbols for the upper class in society, such as kings and nobles.
Up to now, they’re still used in many homes globally. Here are some of the reasons they remain popular to date:
- Wall tapestries are usually budget-friendly compared to other types of wall art.
- They’re easy to maintain––simply remove them from the wall, clean them, and hang them again.
- In addition to walls, they can also be used on tables, beds, and windows.
- Sophisticated embroidery techniques make it possible to achieve very intricate patterns.
- You can easily move them from one spot to another or even fold them up for later use while you hang another piece.
Painting Walls In Bold Colors
You’ve often heard that neutral colors are best for walls. That’s why you see many homes with beige, gray, taupe, white, greige, neutral pink, and pale blue walls. But of late, interior designers are embracing bold colors more than ever before. You’d also want to go bold and make a fearless statement of your personality. It’s also believed that the best backdrop for art is bold and not neutral.
Here are some hues you can try:
- Lime green: This shade creates a youthful and vibrant space full of energy. Its connection to plants and nature also makes it relaxing.
- Tangerine Orange: This is yet another vivacious shade that instantly energizes you the minute you step into the room. Its similarity to the sunset makes it feel warm.
- Fire-engine red: This hue inspires feelings of enthusiasm and energy. You can blend it with deeper reds, cream, and yellow.
- Teal: Instead of the traditional light blue, mix it with a healthy dose of green to change it into the bolder teal. The result still brings that feeling of calmness.
- Matte black: Try this shade if you’re more daring and want to add some bit of drama to your space. Make sure to adequately light up the room since black absorbs light.
- Canary yellow: A yellow wall speaks of positivity, as it reflects the ever-shining sun.
Homeowners are increasingly opting for unique fixtures in lieu of the all-too-common ones. For instance, the standard light bulbs seem well outdated, as every Tom, Dick, and Harry have such in their homes. To stand out, you can use one-of-a-kind alternatives like chandeliers, flush mounts, floor lamps, and pendants.
Here are some common ideas you could try:
- Marquee-lighted sign: For your garage, you can install a wall light bulb carved out to resemble a car or bicycle.
- Globe pendant: Make your ceiling the focal point of your room by painting it in bold colors or wallpapering it, and then hang an oversized globe pendant at the center.
- Dynamic configurations: Advanced manufacturing technology allows you to have a unique chandelier with no duplicate elsewhere. In essence, a long glass tube is twisted into your preferred shape, no matter how dynamic you want it to be.
- Nature-inspired: People desire to bring nature inside their homes to reap the associated benefits, chief of which is the therapeutic element. So, consider buying a chandelier shaped like a tree or with a monkey sculpture shining down the light.
After your house and car, furniture is the next most valuable possession. So, you’d want to buy ageless pieces of furniture that won’t get outdated anytime soon. Some time back, functionality was the dominant factor during the choice of furniture. But now, functionality and aesthetics are accorded equal consideration, with aesthetics sometimes overtaking functionality. To get you started, we recommend you to buy Moroccan benches for a more exquisite styling in your interior space.
Here are some of the latest furniture styles popular among homeowners globally:
- Curvy designs: The general perception is that curvier furniture is more relaxing and classier. So, ditch those with straight, clean lines and go for the more rounded ones.
- Natural material: There’s an increasing sensitivity towards the use of synthetic materials in virtually all sectors of the economy due to their adverse effects on the environment. You can also show your mindfulness to the environment by purchasing eco-friendly furniture instead of plastic ones. Opt for those made from wood, wool, stone, and ceramics.
- Woven fabric: You’d want to have tactile woven fabric on your furniture to enjoy the rustic charm.
- Color pop: You no longer have to purchase brown furniture; people are just so used to it that it now looks boring. Rise above the crowd by going for brightly colored pieces of furniture. Perhaps baby pink or lime green could work well.
- Multipurpose and convertible pieces: Another concern in furniture choice is the ability to kill two birds with one stone. In other words, people want pieces that can have different functions other than their primary ones. For instance, a sofa that can also be used as a bed. Or better still, a bed that can be folded up to look like a bookshelf.
Nowadays, homeowners are ditching several pieces of miniature art prints and opting for one or two oversized pieces. These are said to have a more significant visual impact. And that should be your desire when decorating your home with wall art. They’re also perfect for homeowners after simplicity and uniformity.
With this said, make a point of purchasing wall art with a minimum width of 40 inches and upwards. Any guest won’t help but notice the gigantic artwork. Also, you’ll be able to instantaneously and involuntarily ignite conversations at your home.
Your home doesn’t have to look old-fashioned while you can spend just a little money to decorate it with the latest trends. Some of the trends worth your attention include: the use of wall tapestries, painting walls in bold colors, installing statement lighting, buying luxurious furniture, and going as big as possible when it comes to wall art.
Implementing these practical tips at your home portrays you as a stylish homeowner with a deep passion for fashion. And you’ll forever enjoy the coziness of your well-designed and decorated home.