Bathrooms have, in the past, been considered an entirely functional room. One of the last to be renovated and ever to be considered an “enjoyable space,” bathrooms were merely the transitional room where one entered sleepy and in pajamas and exited ready for the workday. No longer.
Besides the kitchen, bathrooms are the most critical room that potential buyers will consider before purchasing a home. We’re no longer satisfied with standard run of the mill fixtures and instead opt for higher-end materials when designing our bathrooms. Luxury fixtures are the name of the game, bringing a spa-like environment into our homes without the added waiting for lines, scheduled appointments, or hassle factor of driving across town.
In a hot market, your home needs to stand out from the rest. If the demand is sluggish, you’ll want to ensure that your home makes its mark so that your sale goes faster than it otherwise would. Buyers are looking for that special something that will make them ask for a second showing and ultimately put in that offer.
Whether you’re looking for an upgrade that will help to sell your property or are just ready to improve the quality of your bathroom experience, a luxury shower cabin can be the answer to both. Here are some things to consider before purchasing your luxury shower cabin.
- The first thing to consider is space. Shower cabins come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes to accommodate a lot of different bathroom space allowances. You’ll have to measure not only the width and depth but also the height of your bathroom ceiling.
- The second thing that you’ll want to do is to interview and hire a reputable and professional contractor to install the shower cabin. If you’re handy, you may think that this is a renovation that you can tackle yourself, but there are things that a contractor may consider that you might not even think. This can save you money, time and hassle down the road.
- Your bathroom might require some extra renovations to reinforce walls, install the proper seals, or to adjust the location of other fixtures to fit your cabin if you’ve opted for a large one.
- Take a look at the luxury shower cabins on offer, and think about what you’d like to experience. The variety of sizes and shapes along with the different types of doors will each provide you with something unique. Think about the use your shower will get and how it fits with the rest of your bathroom.
- Fixtures are also essential to consider. If you’re not renovating the entire bathroom, you’ll want to make sure that the shower fixtures match or complement your existing accessories. It will help the bathroom to flow and look as if everything was well thought out.
If you haven’t explored the possibilities that a shower cabin can add to your home, we’ve detailed some of the many benefits below.
- A luxury shower cabin looks fantastic and can increase the aesthetics of your bathroom to such a degree that it becomes your sanctuary.
- Luxury shower cabins can help to increase the value of your home and add appeal for future buyers.
- A shower cabin is easy to clean, with fewer seams and areas for dirt to accumulate than with some other varieties of shower units.
- A separate shower cabin means that one person in the home can experience the benefits of the shower while another enjoys their regular bath.
- Since the shower cabinets come in so many styles and sizes, you can enjoy something that caters to your home’s unique space and design.
A walk-in shower needs no space considerations for a door and allows for a simplistic and uncluttered feel to the bathroom. As you can often find these types of showers at your favorite hot holiday resort, having one at home can feel as if you’ve taken a bit of your holiday back with you.