Pooja room, means a personal place for God, our beloved God,
In the old days mainly in India, many residents provide or construct one pooja room known as God Room, Temple, Mandir, Bhajana room, Prayer room, etc. Days and years are passing; now the pooja room converted into pooja shelf, now a day’s people placing God Idols at shelves only, not involved to construct one separate room to God, our interesting God, why this development happens, because of time, many people do not have time to clean the room or no place to provide pooja room or not interested to do pooja.
Which room is the correct place for deity, we shall discuss all the important things here about our beloved Deity, God. As per Vastu Shastra, the Northeast corner is the right and correct place for the pooja room. But according to the latest logical study, we found that this place (north East) should be immaculate, and we should not construct or put anything at this place. We found that the placement of the pooja room at the northeast corner is the right way, and another way it’s wrong, why because our elders are knowledgeable. Well-wishers to the coming generations, in taking the importance of next or future generations, they implemented this system of pooja room at Ishan (Northeast) corner and saying these rules as Vaasthu principles.
Why the elders have done like this, there is a great reason behind it. Actually, as per the vastu Shastra Ishan corner walk is perfect and most developed cause for human beings, in taking view of this, they implied this rule as pooja room should be at Ishan corner, and also another two reasons are invented that, Ishan place should always be clean. Ishan place should always be less weight; in taking consideration of all these factors, they implemented this rule as the pooja room should be at the Ishan corner. Thanks to our elders, well-wishers.
1. Pooja room should always be clean, and no other things except pooja materials should be kept there.
2. Pooja should not be placed at the Southwest corner of the house.
3. Pooja should not be placed at Ishan (Northeast) corner of the house. But here with some provisions, we can put or install or construct the pooja room at Ishan corner with care, before going to do it, better to get suggestion from one experienced vastu consultant.
4. In the pooja room, Gods are to be seated at East facing, and we should sit and worship God by seeing the towards the Westside.
5. Pooja room can be constructed at Agneya (Southeast) corner, with some conditions.
6. Pooja room can be planned at Vayavya (Northwest) corner, with some vastu terms.
7. At any cost, the pooja room should not be placed outside of the house. If so, with some specifications, we can do it, but be careful.
8. Four sidewalks are fortunate for pooja room, try it, but only with rigid specifications. Consult for the right experienced Vastu expert.
9. Free air should be passed in pooja room and should not be closed, or air tightened.
10. Pooja room can be seated at Brahmastan. (middle of the house is called Brahmastan)